Master Burn-In/IR/Break In Thread Part II: All Posts Here Only - Page 34 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #991 of 5310 Old 11-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Newbie
 
rselah25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
another good way to get rid of IR is if you have an xbox360 and hook a ipod or put a cd in it or play music some way on it and turn the visual player to full mode and let it run on random for a few hours...gets rid of IR very fast.
rselah25 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #992 of 5310 Old 11-12-2008, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
fatbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 3,331
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 139
I wouldn't leave a computer unattended just in case it locks up. Someone was playing a burn in disc on a plasma, xbox crashed resetted itself and displayed on the menu all night. So he made the screenburn worse as there were more areas that were now burnt in.

Krell Evolution 900e x 7

Bose Jewel speakers.

 

Jealous of my speakers?

fatbottom is offline  
post #993 of 5310 Old 11-12-2008, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by water63 View Post

The TV I have is a Panasonic TH-50PX800U and it is new, I've only had it for about a week and a half. I run the break in DVD for about a total of 20 hours each day (while I'm at work, and at night) except for the weekend when I'm at home.

The break in DVD will get rid of most of the IR, but I can still see the words "Old Snake" in the top left hand corner faintly, but only when the screen is totally white or black and I have to be pretty close. I play the game in on game setting during the day, and THX setting at night.

I know this is being anal, but for something that is close to $2,000 I just want to make sure I am not damaging it.

Also, has anybody heard of the DVD Pixel Protector and if they have, is it worth spending the money on?

Thanks!

Wow, I wouldn't think that set would do that. Does it have any kind of orbiter or pixel shift in the menus you can turn on that helps prevent IR?

I played Fallout 3 yesterday on my day off for 6 hours straight and it has a constant green HUD. No IR at all. I checked to make sure when I realized how long I played.

WilliamR is online now  
post #994 of 5310 Old 11-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Member
 
water63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:


Wow, I wouldn't think that set would do that. Does it have any kind of orbiter or pixel shift in the menus you can turn on that helps prevent IR?

I have it set to "game mode" which supposedly has a pixel orbiter. I am worried about it, but not freaking out b/c it does go away after viewing movies, tv, or playing the break in DVD and the TV is still new with only 150 hours on it. Hopefully the "break in" rule holds true, and I won't have to worry about it anymore.

Do you think I need to be concerned since I either have to be really close to the TV(less than a foot), and/or the screen has to be totally black or white to see it? I am completely unable to see IR when I watch satellite or Blu Ray. I just don't know if the IR will slowly build into a burn over time even after I am through with MGS4.

I really appreciate your help!
water63 is offline  
post #995 of 5310 Old 11-12-2008, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
fatbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 3,331
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Burn does occur over time, and if you just play the same game or watch the same channel with a bright logo you make it worse. If you're a gaming I would just buy a LCD. Keep the plasma for movies.

Krell Evolution 900e x 7

Bose Jewel speakers.

 

Jealous of my speakers?

fatbottom is offline  
post #996 of 5310 Old 11-13-2008, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by water63 View Post

I have it set to "game mode" which supposedly has a pixel orbiter. I am worried about it, but not freaking out b/c it does go away after viewing movies, tv, or playing the break in DVD and the TV is still new with only 150 hours on it. Hopefully the "break in" rule holds true, and I won't have to worry about it anymore.

Do you think I need to be concerned since I either have to be really close to the TV(less than a foot), and/or the screen has to be totally black or white to see it? I am completely unable to see IR when I watch satellite or Blu Ray. I just don't know if the IR will slowly build into a burn over time even after I am through with MGS4.

I really appreciate your help!

Don't play that game for awhile until you are sure it is gone. Mix up your viewing habits until you are more comfortable with how much your TV can take before IT occurs.

WilliamR is online now  
post #997 of 5310 Old 11-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Newbie
 
Sokonomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought my 42PZ85 panasonic, and not giving in on just using the TV is really testing me.

I am running the color gradient DVD right from the start, and im now at around 50 hours of runtime with a very rare moment of watching 30 minutes of TV or "testing" one of my consoles for a few minutes.

Is it a bad idea to do these small intermission funtime moments while its breaking in with the DVD all day, even when its set with contrast around +40? Its just so hard not to toy with it when its sitting next to me, flashing shiny colors at me. Its like sitting infront of a steaming hot steak dinner and youre not supposed to eat it. Torture.

Can someone tell me how important it is to break in your plasma TV with this boring DVD? Is it an absolute must to leave it alone for 100 hours?


Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbottom View Post

I wouldn't leave a computer unattended just in case it locks up. Someone was playing a burn in disc on a plasma, xbox crashed resetted itself and displayed on the menu all night. So he made the screenburn worse as there were more areas that were now burnt in.

A very real point you made there, Im running the burnin disk through my HTPC, and Vista (insert cursewords) decided to install updates and rudely yank my fullscreen video away to display its lovely yellow whinebox.. VERY lucky this occured only minutes before I woke up though, so I caught it in time. The danger is definately there.
Sokonomi is offline  
post #998 of 5310 Old 11-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
greenjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 876
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokonomi View Post

I just bought my 42PZ85 panasonic, and not giving in on just using the TV is really testing me...Is it an absolute must to leave it alone for 100 hours?

It is absolutely unnecessary. Posts like this are why I poo-poo the break in DVD. There are precautions to take & best practices to follow while your set is new, but all the break in DVD talk takes it to a level that causes seriously unwarranted worrying.

Go ahead and watch some shows, play some games, whatever you want. I watched a basketball game (with on-screen scoreboard, the horror!) and played COD4 (HUDs! ) the day I got my set and never had any problems. Yes, I did take it out of Vivid, reduced the contrast, and made sure everything was full screen for the first couple weeks.

If you want to quickly pile up hours on the set, the break in DVD is fine. You could just put it on HD Theater or some other all-widescreen HD station, whatever floats your boat. But don't let this stuff keep you from actually using the TV the way it was meant to be used.

jeff
greenjp is offline  
post #999 of 5310 Old 11-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Newbie
 
Sokonomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I should just squeeze in an hour of my new fallout 3 game wich supposedly doesnt have much onscreen hud going on? Ive been dying to try out some games but im so worried im going to ruin the thing for the rest of its lifespan by throwing some serious business at this brand new phosfor wonder. :P Most of my worries are induced by things im reading here on this forum actually. I see lots of people complaining about menus and whatnot getting stuck on their screen after playing barely 2 hours of the same game.

Maybe im being to paranoid.. Ive never owned a plasma before and my last TV was a little 20" samsung synchmaster LCD. This 42" beast seems like the holy grail to me and I have urges to treat it as such.

Im even considdering buying a cooking timer to warn me when an hour is up.
Sokonomi is offline  
post #1000 of 5310 Old 11-14-2008, 05:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokonomi View Post

So I should just squeeze in an hour of my new fallout 3 game wich supposedly doesnt have much onscreen hud going on? Ive been dying to try out some games but im so worried im going to ruin the thing for the rest of its lifespan by throwing some serious business at this brand new phosfor wonder. :P Most of my worries are induced by things im reading here on this forum actually. I see lots of people complaining about menus and whatnot getting stuck on their screen after playing barely 2 hours of the same game.

Maybe im being to paranoid.. Ive never owned a plasma before and my last TV was a little 20" samsung synchmaster LCD. This 42" beast seems like the holy grail to me and I have urges to treat it as such.

Im even considdering buying a cooking timer to warn me when an hour is up.

Fallout 3 has a very pronounced HUD on the bottom of the screen on both sides. However, you can go into the options and completely turn them off (makes it kind of hard since you need your barrings to get around) but it is doable.

WilliamR is online now  
post #1001 of 5310 Old 11-14-2008, 06:21 AM
Newbie
 
bluesky23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,
I am having my Panny 50pz800u delivered today. I have seen opposing thoughts on breaking in the tv. Some say it needs to be done with a break-in DVD anywhere from 100 to 1000 hours, others say just use your common sense. I am going with a middle of the road approach and will use the DVD for 100 hours while still watching programs and using caution.

My problem is that I can't get the DVD to work. I went to the site recomended on this forum, downloaded the Video_TS files, extracted them, used NERO to burn them to a DVD but when I went to test it out it just gives me a grey screen I can see the DVD playing, numbers advancing, but only get a grey screen. I am using a Toshiba/TiVo DVD player until my new one arrives today. Thanks for any advice!!
bluesky23 is offline  
post #1002 of 5310 Old 11-14-2008, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member
 
RYAXIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 535
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky23 View Post

Hello,
I am having my Panny 50pz800u delivered today. I have seen opposing thoughts on breaking in the tv. Some say it needs to be done with a break-in DVD anywhere from 100 to 1000 hours, others say just use your common sense. I am going with a middle of the road approach and will use the DVD for 100 hours while still watching programs and using caution.

My problem is that I can't get the DVD to work. I went to the site recomended on this forum, downloaded the Video_TS files, extracted them, used NERO to burn them to a DVD but when I went to test it out it just gives me a grey screen I can see the DVD playing, numbers advancing, but only get a grey screen. I am using a Toshiba/TiVo DVD player until my new one arrives today. Thanks for any advice!!

Panny's and Sammy's would only require ~150 hours to be broken into. Keep your Brightness and Contrast at around 50%. Keep the orbitor on, watch full screen content as much as possible and avoid static logos as much as possble. I would honestly use the Break in DVD as a coaster if i were you.

Truly there is no harm by using it, it's just that it is not required. It is merely a way to speed up the break in process, nothing more, nothing less.

I believe there is a .iso file to download? Better off using that file to burn on a DVD.

Another good program to use other than NERO would be ConvertXtoDvd. It takes many file formats and converts them to DVD format and burns it on DVD.

Samsung PN50A450
Samsung Blu Ray
Panasonic HT SCPT960K
Videotron - Illico HD terminal
RYAXIN is offline  
post #1003 of 5310 Old 11-14-2008, 01:49 PM
Member
 
Shakespeare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So, do we have any confirmed cases of burn-in on any plasma made in the last two years?

I ask because many people come here with IR situations, even pictures sometimes, but three months later they never comes back and say "yep, here it is three months later...it's burn in." Is it possible that all of the IR problems have been just that, and once it goes away those people never return to say "Oh, it went away after 10 (or 50 or 100) hours of movie viewing."

I'm not saying burn-in can't occur, but under the conditions of anyone who might come to AVS (ie, anyone who doesn't install 3rd gen panels as airport schedule monitors), has there yet been confirmed burn-in in recent plasmas, even those deemed "lower end" by some people?

S
Shakespeare is offline  
post #1004 of 5310 Old 11-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Newbie
 
Sokonomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ive played fallout 3 for an hour or so, when I turned off the X360 I did see a faint print of where the HUD used to be, and it kinda freaked me out. But after not even 3 minutes on the break-in DVD its completely gone, undetectable under any condition.

I too think many burn-in cases are just people getting the willies after seeing their new TV show an imprint of something thats not supposed to be there anymore.

Im feeling a little more comfortable playing the same game for an hour now for one.

Theres one thing I do wonder though. How am I supposed to watch a movie or something on the TV network?
I doubt theres any network thats broadcasting without their logo prominently slapped in your face.
Does that mean watching TV broadcast movies or long shows (mythbusters and their lovely Discoverychannel HD icon for one) is off limits?
Sokonomi is offline  
post #1005 of 5310 Old 11-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Senior Member
 
dauger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 225
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakespeare View Post

So, do we have any confirmed cases of burn-in on any plasma made in the last two years?

I ask because many people come here with IR situations, even pictures sometimes, but three months later they never comes back and say "yep, here it is three months later...it's burn in." Is it possible that all of the IR problems have been just that, and once it goes away those people never return to say "Oh, it went away after 10 (or 50 or 100) hours of movie viewing."

Case in point: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post14856418

Finalhaven never came back to this thread to let us know if the IR ever went away.
dauger is offline  
post #1006 of 5310 Old 11-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Newbie
 
Catjuggler82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi i just bought a panasonic 50pz80u and compared to the other hdtvs i have got, this one by far looks the best. my only problem is im noticing a lot of ir, it goes away but its still scarying me bad! Im doing everything ive found on this site to prevent burn-in and make sure i break it in right, except the breakin dvd.im keeping the brightness and picture setting in the low 40s.the other night i played gears of war2 for like 3 hours and the morning i could still see the hud. All of the ir i noticed has gone away but im still scared. I guess my question is. is this normal, is it only gonna happen for the break in period, or am i gonna have to deal with this the whole time i have the tv. Also does anyone have this tv,do you like. I only have like 20 days to return so im stumped. thanks any replies would be awsome
Catjuggler82 is offline  
post #1007 of 5310 Old 11-15-2008, 12:58 AM
Member
 
Faris Kalin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokonomi View Post

Theres one thing I do wonder though. How am I supposed to watch a movie or something on the TV network?
I doubt theres any network thats broadcasting without their logo prominently slapped in your face.
Does that mean watching TV broadcast movies or long shows (mythbusters and their lovely Discoverychannel HD icon for one) is off limits?

I watch all of my tv programming in zoom mode. That cuts off a lot of the logos. I've also decided to stop watching any channels that zoom mode doesn't cut off the logo for. I never liked those huge, obnoxious logos, and I especially don't like having them fill my plasma with IR.
Faris Kalin is offline  
post #1008 of 5310 Old 11-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Newbie
 
atlantajoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip034 View Post

i have uneven phosfor wear from 4:3 viewing that is noticeable on a very light background. darks are not so bad. my question is this. I have been careful from now on not to view at all with any black or grey bars ect. and have tried various methods like the burn in dvd, pixel protector, and even an inverse pattern 4:3 image. as long as my viewing is constantly full screen now, will my phosfors eventually even out and the light dark contrast go away??

I know you posted this a few months ago, but I am experiencing this exact same issue with my 7-month old Samsung PN58A550.

The pics you posted back on page 20 of this thread look like my tv when a solid white background is displayed. Like you, I have watched a lot of 4:3 material on my tv (mainly sd satellite and classic movies).

Did you ever have any luck with inverse pillar images to even out the phosphor wear? Has anything helped at all?

Anyone else have any insights into this one? Thanks.
atlantajoseph is offline  
post #1009 of 5310 Old 11-17-2008, 04:38 AM
Member
 
zyxses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Adelaide, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I started using my LG plasma "normally" from day one. I never think about IR. When it appears it fades very quickly. People obsess far too much.

Be kind...it really is that simple.
zyxses is offline  
post #1010 of 5310 Old 11-17-2008, 05:12 AM
Member
 
fogey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantajoseph View Post

I know you posted this a few months ago, but I am experiencing this exact same issue with my 7-month old Samsung PN58A550.

The pics you posted back on page 20 of this thread look like my tv when a solid white background is displayed. Like you, I have watched a lot of 4:3 material on my tv (mainly sd satellite and classic movies).

Did you ever have any luck with inverse pillar images to even out the phosphor wear? Has anything helped at all?

Anyone else have any insights into this one? Thanks.

Have you been using gray bars, aka pillarboxes? People say they help. And, by the way, black screen with aspect ratio 4:3 and gray bars turned on could act as inverse pillar image, IMHO.
fogey is offline  
post #1011 of 5310 Old 11-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Newbie
 
atlantajoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have indeed switched to gray pillars and (ugh) stretchy mode for some 4:3 content. I actually ran the gray bars in dynamic mode with a black screen last night. Hasn't fixed the problem but I will repeat until hopefully I see things even out. Are there any potential downsides to employing this method?
atlantajoseph is offline  
post #1012 of 5310 Old 11-19-2008, 05:36 PM
Member
 
Vegeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rselah25 View Post

another good way to get rid of IR is if you have an xbox360 and hook a ipod or put a cd in it or play music some way on it and turn the visual player to full mode and let it run on random for a few hours...gets rid of IR very fast.

I use my Xbox1 with XBMC and visualizer to clear up retention.

Nothing better than listening to music and clearing retention at the same time while watching funky visuals on the screen!
Vegeta is online now  
post #1013 of 5310 Old 11-25-2008, 01:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
JakiChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 809
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
My friend may be getting a Kuro Elite delivered on Friday. If he does then I'm seriously going to be looking at it to compare it to the XBR6 I just bought (which I've had over a week). My concern is that if he does get it Friday and we get it set up then how much critical viewing "out of the box" can we do? I'm not going to have a lot of time to really figure out if I want to spend another $1500 because I'm not completely thrilled with LCD.

The main thing I'm going to want to do is throw a bit of COD4 up there to see if I'm sensitive to yellow streaking at all. And we're going to want to do some 4:3 SD viewing as well as some daytime TV viewing (I got the XBR6 because I feel it's the best matte screen set you can get - I'm not real fond of reflections). I don't want to break his new TV, but I also hope we can truly get a feel for it on day 1.
JakiChan is offline  
post #1014 of 5310 Old 11-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Member
 
Chaos116886's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My friend just started a break in on his 80u and I was wondering if it was normal to see different color lines in between the break in image.
LL
Chaos116886 is offline  
post #1015 of 5310 Old 11-26-2008, 04:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
Fr. John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos116886 View Post

My friend just started a break in on his 80u and I was wondering if it was normal to see different color lines in between the break in image.

Is is on an SD card or a DVD?

Fr. John
Screenshots Thread
Panasonic Plasma Break-in FAQ HERE
Fr. John is offline  
post #1016 of 5310 Old 11-26-2008, 04:51 AM
Newbie
 
mtbsugar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can someone point me in the right direction as to which version of the Burn-In DVD I need to buy? I will be using an Xbox360. I also dont have the ability to burn a dvd, so I will have to buy using PayPal.

Thanks In Advance
mtbsugar is offline  
post #1017 of 5310 Old 11-26-2008, 05:26 AM
Advanced Member
 
Fr. John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbsugar View Post

Can someone point me in the right direction as to which version of the Burn-In DVD I need to buy? I will be using an Xbox360. I also dont have the ability to burn a dvd, so I will have to buy using PayPal.

Thanks In Advance

First, it's a Break-in DVD, not buirn-in. Do you happen to have an SD card around? Easier and better than running a DVD. As for which version, if your'e buying it Evangelos only offers one version I believe.

Fr. John
Screenshots Thread
Panasonic Plasma Break-in FAQ HERE
Fr. John is offline  
post #1018 of 5310 Old 11-26-2008, 08:00 AM
Member
 
Chaos116886's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr. John View Post

Is is on an SD card or a DVD?

Its on a DVD. Also note he can only see this when using a camera.
Chaos116886 is offline  
post #1019 of 5310 Old 11-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Newbie
 
DaSlowMoseS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This may be a stupid question but I'll try anyway.

I just got my pz80u hooked up last night. I'm watching different channels & not staying on anything to long, keeping the black bars away, overscanned, etc. I don't have any HDMI cables yet, I want to order from bluejeans, but the tv purchase happened faster than I thought it would. My question is there going to be any issues or drawbacks breaking in this 1080p tv only using component cables till my HDMI's arrive?? It may be a week or 2 because of the holiday weekend. Thanks for the info

My neighbors were wanting to hump my tv last night & it only has a few hours on it & still not running 1080p. They have samsung & toshiba DLP.
DaSlowMoseS is offline  
post #1020 of 5310 Old 11-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
Fr. John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos116886 View Post

Its on a DVD. Also note he can only see this when using a camera.

Both bad. Not only could the DVD player be doing something but the fact that he can only see it in a photo! The camera is picking up the transitions/scan lines.

Fr. John
Screenshots Thread
Panasonic Plasma Break-in FAQ HERE
Fr. John is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Hpt4254 42 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Pro110 Pro 110fd Pro 110fd Tv Pro110 Kuro 50 Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Th 50px75u 50 Inch 720p Plasma Hdtv , Playstation 3 160gb System
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off