50" Plasma Wall Mount -- extends AND lowers? - AVS Forum
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > 50" Plasma Wall Mount -- extends AND lowers?
dodo512's Avatar dodo512 08:10 AM 12-03-2007
Does anyone know of a plasma wall mount (for 50") in which you can extend (pull out) the tv around 18" and also lower at least 18"?

I have read through many posts where this question was asked, but never answered. Does some kind of cantilever arm exist for this size plasma?

Thanks in advance!


dodo512's Avatar dodo512 06:19 PM 12-03-2007

Does this not exist??
10th St.'s Avatar 10th St. 06:40 PM 12-03-2007
Apparently it does, a salesman at a home theater store here in Dallas said they have one that could do precisely that. I'm sorry I don't have a model # for you, but they do exist.
cccisdamac's Avatar cccisdamac 06:52 PM 12-03-2007
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...t=1#largeimage thats the one i am going to buy for my sammy 5044 good price too
creemail's Avatar creemail 07:23 PM 12-03-2007
Try the Premier Mounts AM3 and Omnimount UCL-XP. The AM3 can extend as far as nearly 3 feet!

These are great choices!

Peejay926's Avatar Peejay926 12:12 AM 12-04-2007
chief makes one
justincr250's Avatar justincr250 01:10 PM 12-04-2007
Sanus makes some nice mounts! Check there line out.
Chas4273's Avatar Chas4273 11:51 PM 01-07-2008
I have been searching for the same type of mount but cannot find one. In fact I can't find any mounts for large TVs that do both a pull out and pull down motion (would also like it to pivot/swivel but I don't need tilt). The other makes and models previously suggested do not pull down (or at least I couldn't find one that did). If anyone knows of such a mount please post a link or the make/model.

BTW, the TV I have is the Samsung HP-T5064. And for the curious, the reason for needing this type of mount motion is for the TV to be mounted above a cabinet (kind of like a buffet) that must stay in place, then pull the TV out over the cabinet and drop down to a better viewing height for watching movies.


Padiddle's Avatar Padiddle 08:15 PM 07-25-2012
Any chance anyone would know of one for a 51" that could extend about 3 ft to the side and tilt just a little?
jroptop's Avatar jroptop 09:26 PM 07-25-2012
I have the articulating wall mount made by Assia Wall mounts,it does it all EXCEPT drop down to a lower level.It tilts upward and downward,it swivels left and right and extends away from the wall approx 24".I have my Samsung PN64E8000 mounted to it and have had NO issues.What I did do is used a 2ftx4ft 3/4" oakboard stained to match the existing trim and mantle above my fireplace and then used 3/8'x2 1/2" lag screws to screw the board into the 3 studs that are 16" on center for greater surface area reinforcement,then mounted the Assia mount to the stained oak board.It looks finished when I extend the tv out to its max for a greater 3D viewing experience from our sitting area.Just thought id share for those who were wanting options!

Or try this website..http://www.comfortvu.com if your wanting the drop down feature
the dza's Avatar the dza 06:39 AM 03-27-2014
Reviving this thread because I'm looking for a solution for an above fireplace mount. It's the only wall in our living room!

The ComfortVu looks to be the best solution, but they recently increased its price. I should have just jumped on it when it was $2000. I thought it would go down instead.

Are there any other solutions nowadays that does height adjustable settings over a fireplace?

Also, does anyone know of any installers in the Houston area for a mount like this?
Mobile  Desktop