Extended Warranty - DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH NWVDIRECT.COM!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 24 Old 01-01-2008, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I personally had a HORRIBLE experience with this business last week and wanted to warn others that may be considering purchasing an extended warranty from them TO LOOK ELSEWHERE such as MACK Warranty or others.

I have part of our conversation recorded when he started using vulgar language and threatening me. It's a wave file so I'm not sure how I can post it on here. I don't think I can do it through photobucket.com either. I can email it if you don't believe me. I would love to have this post made a sticky just so that others are warned.

Below is the email I sent to their customer service dept. after my bad experience with a person by the name of Tim or Timothy. He pretty much picks up the phone everytime and is rude as HELL!!! They or he emailed me back and his response pretty much sums up his attitude overall.

My Email...
To Whom It May Concern:

I contacted NWVDirect.com via their customer service number to ask some questions about extended warranties for a new plasma TV that I just purchased. Instead of receiving courteous customer service, I felt the agent (Tim or Timothy) was a little short with me and didn’t care to elaborate on how the extended warranty service works. During the middle of the call, I was hung up on. I then called back only to get the same agent and after feeling like he wasn’t doing a good job of providing good customer service, I simply asked what his name was and if I could speak to his supervisor. He said his name was Tim and he then placed me on hold for a supervisor. About 30 seconds later, someone picked up the phone and said, “This is Timothy, how may I help you?” To my surprise, this was still the same agent but he was obviously attempting to disguise his voice. So I asked if he was the supervisor and he said yes. I told him that I was just speaking to him and I would like to speak with his supervisor please. He then called out to someone and said, “Who transferred this call to me?” – apparently attempting to continue to act like he was the supervisor.? It was almost comical that he felt that I couldn’t notice that he was the same person. He was trying to speak to me in a deeper voice and it was very obvious he was trying to cover up what he was doing. He then said let me transfer you back and before I could say anything I was transferred back to “Tim” the agent again. I then asked Tim or “Timothy” why he wouldn’t let me talk to a supervisor? He claimed he transferred me to one but I told him that he didn’t do a good enough job in disguising his voice and that I wasn’t thrown off by the name either! Timothy the agent/”supervisor” became very belligerent at this point. He started yelling at me, telling me to “**** off” several times and using other inappropriate language. There was one point in the recording where he told me to come down to the store and speak to him face to face, as if to provoke a fight.

Needless to say, I was very surprised to hear this! I started recording our conversation when he started acting like this only to get on tape, him yelling at me even more and trying to make excuses for his conduct. I am obviously disgusted with this agents conduct and would like to know why your company would have someone employed like him, who clearly demonstrated that he has no integrity and lacks professionalism – but yet is in a position to speak with your customers and treat them with such disrespect and abhorrent behavior!? If this is the owner of the company (which is what Tim/Timothy tried to tell me) then I regret that a person such as your character could be in a position to deal with other customers and mistreat them as I was mistreated!

For what it is worth, I am a business owner myself. I strive very hard to provide my customers the very best quality and customer service because if you don’t, then it is likely that in this highly competitive business world, you won’t remain in business for very long. I have about 50 employees and I can assure you that if any of them treated another person like I was treated Wednesday evening – they would be terminated immediately. If Tim or Timothy is an employee, I would strongly recommend you terminate him!

At this point, I certainly don’t plan on doing business with NWVDirect.com as there are many other companies to choose from. I would also like to ask either the owner of NWVDirect.com or qualified manager to contact me regarding my horrible experience yesterday evening (12/26/07 @ approximately 7:00-7:15 pm EST). Please reply to this email with a phone number and a day and time that I can call you so that I can play what I recorded during the end of my conversation with Tim/Timothy. You can hear for yourself how he treats your customers!

Respectfully,
Concerned consumer!

NWVDirect.com Response...

[Add to Address Book]

Subject:RE: Consumer Complaint! HORRIBLE AGENT @ NWVDirect.com!!!
Date:Thursday, December 27, 2007 11:20:30 AM
[View Source]
Hello. The person who helped you originally on the phone did not do anything wrong until you asked to speak to his supervisor.

It's that simple.

Maybe he was a bit tuned during the call due to an email he was replying to, but he was answering your questions to the best of his ability.

Everything that was said after that was a result of this and is considered fruit of a poisonous tree.

Your email was NOT read. The subject line WAS read ONLY as we were expecting your email.

Please do NOT reply as it will not be read.

Thank you, Our apologies, Have a good New Year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 01-01-2008, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Wow sorry to hear about this.

Chris
post #3 of 24 Old 01-01-2008, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

I wouldn't buy from them either. I looked on their site, and also on resellerratings.com. It looks like they are probably a Brooklyn store, which is never good.

It's not just a hobby, it's an obsession...
post #4 of 24 Old 01-01-2008, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Be grateful you weren't calling for service.

Thanks for the heads up.
post #5 of 24 Old 01-02-2008, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

I wanted to share a good experience I had with a business that offers extended warranties. He sells MACK warranties and he answered his phone (not sure of business hours) at about 9:00 EST and was very friendly and helpful! Here is his info if anyone is looking to get an extended warranty...

[edited by mod]

He is one of the dealers that was recommended to me by MACK and I was VERY pleased with him. I bought an extended warranty for a gift I got my parents.

I'll be getting all my warranties through him.

Thanks,
Nick
post #6 of 24 Old 01-02-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickerz View Post

I have part of our conversation recorded when he started using vulgar language and threatening me. It's a wave file so I'm not sure how I can post it on here. I don't think I can do it through photobucket.com either. I can email it if you don't believe me. I would love to have this post made a sticky just so that others are warned.

Upload it to File Mojo and post the link here please. I want to hear this.

http://www.filemojo.com/
post #7 of 24 Old 01-02-2008, 08:19 PM

I think its a mob business. I will surely stay away! thanks!
post #8 of 24 Old 01-03-2008, 09:45 AM

You gotta send this to the Consumerist.com
post #9 of 24 Old 01-03-2008, 10:03 AM

Thanks! I now know what my new small business is going to be! Extended warranty sales and service! "Hello, this is Tim...no I did not read your email because I noticed it was from you...leave me alone now please." Wow...like a previous poster said, go to Consumerist. It will make front page on Digg.
post #10 of 24 Old 01-03-2008, 11:22 AM

Hello. My name is Charles Hamaoui. I am appalled and very concerned about the events surrounding the original thread with respect to what occured that evening.

It was confirmed by me this call came in after normal working hours on the east coast. The employee that answered the telephone was completely inapropriate and indeed rude. As it turns out, our shorter staffed supervisors were not in the vicinity to overhear the call due to the time it arrived.

This is NOT a reflection of our Company and should be condsidered an isolated incident.

I may be contacted anytime with any assistance on an extended warranty purchase or with concerns relating to any employee of my Company. I can be reached at 888.910.3888 x3300.

Additionally, I would like to extended the sincerest apologies to the author of the original thread. If you can contact me I promise to answer your call and questions with the utmost professionalism.

Respectfully,
Charles
post #11 of 24 Old 01-03-2008, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

http://donwiss.com/pictures/brooklynstores/h0216.htm Notice in the picture, they are not the corner storefront, but rather the green little door way over to the right. The next picture on donwiss's site shows a closeup of the door. Not too reputable looking...

post #12 of 24 Old 01-03-2008, 12:29 PM

Marky_Mark896 -

Nice find...that is a lot of "fly-by-night" businesses right there.
post #13 of 24 Old 01-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsilverj View Post

Hello. My name is Charles Hamaoui. I am appalled and very concerned about the events surrounding the original thread with respect to what occured that evening.

It was confirmed by me this call came in after normal working hours on the east coast. The employee that answered the telephone was completely inapropriate and indeed rude. As it turns out, our shorter staffed supervisors were not in the vicinity to overhear the call due to the time it arrived.

This is NOT a reflection of our Company and should be condsidered an isolated incident.

I may be contacted anytime with any assistance on an extended warranty purchase or with concerns relating to any employee of my Company. I can be reached at 888.910.3888 x3300.

Additionally, I would like to extended the sincerest apologies to the author of the original thread. If you can contact me I promise to answer your call and questions with the utmost professionalism.

Respectfully,
Charles

Wow...they send an email basically saying "Screw you" but as soon as you post it online this clown creates an account and comes in here and tries to save face . What a great company!! Nice first post!!

BTW looks real welcoming and reputable in the pic.

-The Dave
----Check my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!! (DONE) King of the 400 lb Gorilla
post #14 of 24 Old 01-03-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:

Respectfully,
Charles

Care to explain the email then?

If this is the service you get when asking for info, .. I'd hate to see the service you get when you need something serviced.
post #15 of 24 Old 01-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Advanced Member

OP, I think we'd all like to know if you got in touch with "Charles" or ever contacted this company since your ordeal.

I don't have a signature...
post #16 of 24 Old 01-03-2008, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
wow
post #17 of 24 Old 01-03-2008, 03:51 PM

Hello Nickerz.

Thank you for calling this evening. I hope we cleared the air a bit. I doubt it though.

You seemed vindictive and more concerned with finding out who sent the email and if that person is going to be fired or not.

Question, lets say this person had a bad day, made a mistake, and apologized. Lets say this was the job that supported his wife and kids.

Would you still be persistent on getting him fired? or move on and get your answers answered the correct way?

You can even ask your questions of me and I will answer each one on this thread.

Or, maybe you really did not need any answers on warranties. Maybe, you were out that night just looking for an argument.

It seemed that way after we spoke this evening and you insisted I was not who I said I was.

I guess you are not a concerned consumer as you claim at the end of your first post.

Anyway, have a good New Year and contact me anytime.

Charles
post #18 of 24 Old 01-03-2008, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Respectfully,
Charles

I'm not sure where to begin.

First off, according to the NVWDirect.com website, the hours of operation that they list are until 9:00 pm EST (Monday - Thursday) and I clearly said in my original email that I called at approximately 7:00 - 7:15 pm EST. So I don't know why Mr. "Hamaoui" says my call came in after working hours, when it didn't.

Secondly, I just got off the phone with "Charles Hamaoui" and yes, I recorded our entire conversation. Guess what...I STRONGLY believe that I was talking to the SAME person that I spoke to who yelled at me and cursed at me originally. I couldn't believe it. Maybe it's just me but I don't think it is. I still feel this guy is attempting to cover his tracks.

I was 100% willing to give this guy a chance to rectify the problem and I am going with my gut on this one b/c I still don't trust this company. About 10 seconds into the call, I felt I was speaking to the SAME EXACT PERSON THAT YELLED AT ME! Yep, you guessed it..."Timothy" the agent.

If this isn't the same person, then I apologize that I can't get over the fact that you both sound IDENTICLE over the phone. By the way, I told "Charles" that he sounds just like the agent I spoke to and the excuse I was given as to why they sound so similar was him (Charles) and the agent (Timothy) are "distant relatives." The so-called owner Charles said, and I quote...

"Timothy comes from the same background as I do, our parents are from Egypt so we have the same dialect, you could say." When asked if Timothy still works there, Charles said no. So I don't know who to believe at this point!

At any rate, it is not my intention to make any trouble for this business but I do want others to know what I experienced that day when talking to "Tim/Timothy" at NWVDirect.com

I really appreciate everyone's responses and support here. I think it's great that we have forums like avsforum.com where we can share our experiences (good or bad) with others and openly discuss them!

Nick
post #19 of 24 Old 01-03-2008, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Hello Nickerz.

Thank you for calling this evening. I hope we cleared the air a bit. I doubt it though.

You seemed vindictive and more concerned with finding out who sent the email and if that person is going to be fired or not.

Question, lets say this person had a bad day, made a mistake, and apologized. Lets say this was the job that supported his wife and kids.

Would you still be persistent on getting him fired? or move on and get your answers answered the correct way?

You can even ask your questions of me and I will answer each one on this thread.

Or, maybe you really did not need any answers on warranties. Maybe, you were out that night just looking for an argument.

It seemed that way after we spoke this evening and you insisted I was not who I said I was.

I guess you are not a concerned consumer as you claim at the end of your first post.

Anyway, have a good New Year and contact me anytime.

Charles

I have our ENTIRE conversation recorded this last time we spoke. Would you care if I made it available to EVERYONE here in this forum and elsewhere and let them decide if I was acting the way you claim I was?

I am still VERY surprised you continue to make this worse. How about this...I can set it up so that everyone can listen to both recordings I have. One of "Timothy" the "agent and one of "Charles" the "owner" and let them decide if this sounds like the SAME EXACT PERSON. I think it will be an overwhelming decision that it is you all along.
post #20 of 24 Old 01-03-2008, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

lol! That sounds like something those Brooklyn scam artists would try. I'm not sure what reason they would but it sounds stupid enough to be them.

post #21 of 24 Old 01-03-2008, 04:37 PM

Hello Nickerz.

The person you spoke to on the phone this evening was me. I am Charles Hamaoui.

The person you spoke to the last time this incident occured was Tim.

I would like it very much for you to make it public on this thread and yes, I would like to hear it myself.

I also would like to make a few things clear to the audiences.

1. I replied on this thread sensibly and with sincerity to ensure the integrity of my Company.
2. I keep repyling hoping to make things right with YOU and only YOU. Since you were the victim.
3. You (Nickerz) are obviously more concerned with playing Sherlock Holmes Today
4. It seems now as evident as ever that from the get go you did NOT need any assistance with extended warranties and NEVER did.

Thanks
Charles
post #22 of 24 Old 01-03-2008, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Oops...sounds like number 3 and 4 is starting to get perturbed...might start yelling again in Tim's voice...

post #23 of 24 Old 01-03-2008, 04:55 PM

Liked: 11
FYI:

http://search.newyork.bbb.org/report...age=1&id=85105

This business has an unsatisfactory record with the BBB
post #24 of 24 Old 01-03-2008, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Nice catch Blackcat

Closed Thread Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page