Infrared bleed? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-07-2008, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm sorry if this thread is in the wrong place, or if I am missing a previous thread with relevant information. I searched but couldn't find anything. If this thread belongs somewhere else or someone has a link with more information, please help me out.

I have the Panasonic 42PX75U, and when it is on, the DVD remote for my PS2 does not work. My other remotes (Samsung TV, Panasonic receiver, DVR, etc) all work fine, but I am unable to use the PS2 remote. I have heard about some things like infrared bleed, but I have searched on here and on google and have not found a way to prevent it from affecting my remote.

Am I stuck in my situation, or can I somehow mod the IR filters on the remote/receiver, or will moving the receiver help this?

Is this an issue of the IR waves messing up the IR transmitter or are they interfering with the IR receiver? Or maybe, are they somehow distorting the waves while in transit (I'm no physicist, don't laugh)?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-07-2008, 09:18 PM
bk5

Well to start with, have you tested your PS2 remote with new batteries?

You didn't say where your PS2 is located. It's definitely possible that the plasma television is causing some infrared interference. I've seen similar issues with my Tivo. You didn't say where the PS2 is located so the best advice is to make sure that the IR receiver on the PS2 does not face or have any line-of-sight to your television at all. If there are any reflective surfaces that can reflect the IR off your television to the PS2 there's some possibility that is causing a problem as well.

For my issues I ended up having to push my Tivo deeper into my shelving in order to prevent any issues from occurring.

You might want to experiment with the PS2 in different locations and see if that changes things.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-07-2008, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I did try the remote with new batteries. In fact, that's what I thought the problem was at first, but it didn't help.

I have 2 shelf (top shelf for the TV, bottom shelf for my DVR, receiver, and PS2) glass TV stand. The DVR is on top of the receiver in the middle of the bottom shelf, with the PS2 (the slim version) placed vertically on its stand to the left of the DVR and receiver.

Tomorrow I will try to push the PS2 deeper into the shelving and find out what happens.

What is weird, though, is that even if I walk right up to the unit and place the IR transmitter right in front of the IR receiver, it still doesn't work.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page