Am looking to do the following with my AV setup and am in need of an HDMI switch:
Am hoping that I can get the following in such a switch:
- HDMI 1.3a support
- Simultaneous output to the AV Receiver and the Future 1080p LCD
- Multiple input resolution support (e..g, 480i, 720p, 1080i, 1080p)
- DTS HD; 7.1 Audio Support
- Minimal cable run (no more than 15 feet in total)
- Automatic INPUT switching based on whether the device is on or not - would prefer to not have to manually switch with a remote control
Item that is being considered is this from Monoprice 4x2 High-Speed Matrix Switch: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
Now, it doesn't appear to automatically perform the switching of the inputs. Is there such an item out there, or does it not make sense for whatever reason? Am a newbie to these sort of things.
If one has to settle for an IR-based switch, are you able to pair it easily to a universal remote? e.g., Harmony 880
Thanks for the help/guidance.