Atlona AT-HDMI-V42 already malfunctioning out of the box! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-17-2010, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought this switcher. I use only 2 inputs, cable TV and Oppo 83 player.

The box is already acting up and 70% of the time I must reboot the box to get a handshake. Is there a reliable 4 X 2 1.3 HDMI switcher with remote out there out there?

The Atlona AT-HDMI-V42 is a high performance HDMI switcher with remote control. AT-HDMI-V42 is built on the HDMI 1.3 platform and can pass resolutions up to 1440p and lower (such as 1080p, 1080i, 720p and more). Switcher allows your various HDMI sources to share two HDTV displays.

Keep climbing the equipment ladder, the exercise will help you live longer because you'll never reach the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-18-2010, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
anyone?

Keep climbing the equipment ladder, the exercise will help you live longer because you'll never reach the top
post #3 of 3 Old 04-19-2012, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Krab,

We bought this unit and have had some very strange results...

First things first, we spoke with technical support at Atlona; they swear it will pass ANY HDMI source. Okay GREAT!

Connected a DVD player, Bluray player, hdmi via VGA scaler, hdmi laptop.

The VIDEO sources work flawlessly. The PC resolutions didn't work at all unless a video hdmi source was connected to the same input prior. WHA??

Once the port was magically activated, it will pass everything until the capacitors in the unit bled dry. Meaning we disconnected the POS for some time and threw it in a storage closet.

I just found it again today (after about 8 months) and ran the same test. Sure as ****, no pc but the bluray worked... unplugged the bluray - connected pc - worx... GUH! WTF!?

Needless to say, this unit was not deployed. It will remain on our test bench until I smash it; there are no firmware upgrades I can attempt either. I can attempt to upgrade this unit to the AT-HD4-V42 unit's firmware. Which I'll be doing today. Hopefully I blow this unit up and I'll live with our Gefen 4x4 matrix switcher. Which works fantastically btw...

-M
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page