Another HDMI video problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-07-2010, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here is my set up on a Pioneer VSX-1020

Slim PS3 connected to the BD input (HDMI), with 4 foot HIGH SPEED HDMI CABLE from Monoprice
Slim Xbox 360 connected to HDMI # 1, with 4 foot HIGH SPEED HDMI CABLE from Monoprice
NFHD connected to HDMI # 2, with 4 foot HIGH SPEED HDMI CABLE from Monoprice
Nintendo Wii connect to component # 1 with rca audio on DVD
Illico HD connected to component #2 with audio in digital # 2

The output via HDMI to rear projection Sony Wega 46in, with a 10 foot HIGH SPEED HDMI CABLE from Monoprice .
and Optoma HD20, with 50 foot HIGH SPEED HDMI CABLE from Monoprice, that should not be the problem because both are connected using the Monoprice 1X2 Powered HDMI Splitter (HSP-102M), The feed work correctly on my TV for all inputs.

Now here is my problem, after setting the video conversion for all inputs to 1080i (it sucks my TV only accept 1080i) on my projector, I get an intermittent image, sometime it works, sometime not.

I tried with and w/out the Monoprice splitter directly to my TV, still works, directly to my projector still have the same problem.

I notice that when I do get an image on both, TV and projector, the Monoprice splitter have both green light on, and when it doesn't work on my projector, the green light on the side of the connection for the TV is green and the one on the side of the projector blinks.

I am not sure if the problems come from my Pioneer VSX-1020 or from my projector, it looks like the projector is having problem pick up up the HDMI signal from the audio/video receptor.

Please help.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-07-2010, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 87
There is no such thing as a 50' high speed passive HDMI cable. Longest certified high speed cable I have seen is 25'. And unless something has changed recently, the longest certified standard HDMI cable is 45'. It is not surprising you are having trouble with a 50' cable, although some folks report success at that distance even at 1080p.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-07-2010, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Sorry I cut and paste that part, it's a Standard Speed HDMI Tin-Plated Copper CL2 Rated (for In-Wall Installation) Cable (22AWG) - 50ft (Gold Plated Connectors)

But shouldn't I get this problem even with the amplifier?
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page