HDMI Splitter Issue, needs one TV to be turned on to work. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-05-2011, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am using the monoprice 1X2 Powered HDMI Splitter (HSP-102M) to connect my Xbox 360 to two HDTVs. I am very happy with it except for the following issue.

When I power on my Xbox, TV1 always works. For TV2, most of the time it does not get a signal. I have to turn on TV1 first and then start TV2 to get the picture there. Once both of them have the signal, I can turn off the TV1 and TV2 works fine. Essentially, for TV2 to work, I need to go and turn TV1 on along with XBox.

Any ideas why this is happening? I was assuming the splitter is responsible for the handshake so which TV it connes to should not matter. TV1 is 1080p while TV2 is 720p. I've configured XBox to transmit in 720p, so that should really not be a problem.

My pain here is that Xbox and TV1 is in the basement and everytime I want to do something, I've to run down to turn on the TV, see the XBox logo, turn it off and come back. I tried swapping the output, but no luck.

Thanks,
Astron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-05-2011, 12:43 PM

Liked: 13
We have found that tv's that have CEC enabled are causing a problem in the operation of the splitters. If the CEC features of both displays and all attached devices are disabled, then the splitter reverts to working properly with a single display turned on. This is not a defect in the splitter, but rather an incompatibility with the CEC features on some tv's. Thank you.

Tech Support
Monoprice.com
post #3 of 3 Old 01-06-2011, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks for the reply, that worked! Disabling CEC on both TVs fixed my problem, now I can independently switch on either of the TVs and get HDMI on each of them! I wasn't using CEC anyway but it was factory set to be enabled by default. For toshiba it was called REGZA-Link and for Sony its called Bravia Sync.

Regards,
Astron
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page