AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaranddeeman View Post

Wow. That's a steal
for an HDMI cable... Only 5 left in stock.. Hurry..
Not eligible for Prime? Forget it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 130 Old 03-02-2013, 12:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
cool the cable to near freezing. That way the 0s can move more easily and the 1s can attach themselves to the 0s and gain digital momentum that way. I can't believe you didn't know that. And, that is the way Audioquest makes their cables better. There is a little cooling circuit in the connector (powered by HDMI pin 19) that keeps the copper cooler than other cables.

alk3997
I went back and yes I did miss something thanks for pointing the above out.

I would like to see the schematic for the little cooling circuit, and if heat is being removed were is it going. What is Audioquest using for a refrigerant? What is the voltage in a HDMI cable 5?I just can't see system components pulling or pushing amperage as in 0 or say .10 so what is producing heat? Do they have a patent on this refrigeration circuit? What is it called as in a brand name? Do they advertise it as a one of their product features? How is it describe in the material data safety sheet, and on and on and on.
post #123 of 130 Old 03-02-2013, 07:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil17108 View Post

alk3997
I went back and yes I did miss something thanks for pointing the above out.

I would like to see the schematic for the little cooling circuit, and if heat is being removed were is it going. What is Audioquest using for a refrigerant? What is the voltage in a HDMI cable 5?I just can't see system components pulling or pushing amperage as in 0 or say .10 so what is producing heat? Do they have a patent on this refrigeration circuit? What is it called as in a brand name? Do they advertise it as a one of their product features? How is it describe in the material data safety sheet, and on and on and on.

All good questions along with, "what laboratory or independent blind listening evidence do I have to support my claim?" But, in this thread that's all irrelevent. Provide a theory, state it as fact and then when challenged just tell people to buy it and hear it for yourself. Not very scientific (or rational).

In any event, rather than feed the troll I'll just remind people to look for evidence before believing anything that they hear or read. Unless it is on the Internet, then it has to be true (I, too, read that on the Internet!).

And, remember, keep those HDMI cables cool since that will improve your audio quality!! Icy bits...
post #124 of 130 Old 03-02-2013, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 274
I've found that suspending my cables in the middle of an insulated styrofoam tube, and then packing dry ice around them has definitely improved my audio. The sound is noticeably clearer and more defined. However, CO2 is messy and needs to be replaced often so I'm working on a liquid nitrogen/carboy dispensing system if I can find sufficient conduit.
post #125 of 130 Old 03-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Making a run to the ice house its hot here today.
post #126 of 130 Old 03-03-2013, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 26
In my experience HDMI cables pass zeros and ones. so I dont think an expensive cable is any "better" I think the build quality can differ. Example, my nephew brought his 2 year over and like kids he seen a cable sticking out and pulled on it. He actually pulled the end out of a Monoprice hdmi cable. I know they have a lifetime warranty but I wasnt about to use it for this. However, if a 2year old can pull the end off while sitting on his butt. I dont wonder about cable build quality. Stop and think about this. He was seated and just pulled, NOT yanked and the cable fell apart.. makes you wonder what would happen if you were pulling your blu ray player forward and the cable got caught somewhere. hmmm, Just a thought.Could have been a fluke. so far my other monoprice cables are still intact. cool.gif

QSC 2150 for HT
DIY Tempest
DIY Ultimax Sub's
post #127 of 130 Old 03-03-2013, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Amazon Basics

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-High-Speed-HDMI-Cable-Meters/dp/B003L1ZYYM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362362900&sr=8-1&keywords=amazon+basics

$5.45 shipped if you have prime, very decent build quality, more than 3 thousand reviews and 4.5 stars out of 5.

Nothing left to argue about. Its a digital signa;, meaning the only possible outcome of a given bit is either a 1 or a 0. add in some error correction and even if the data going into the cable on one end is not equal data coming out on the other end, the original digital stream will be preserved.

see this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Error_detection_and_correction#Error-correcting_code
post #128 of 130 Old 03-03-2013, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Except there is no error correction on the audio or video bitstream. Other parts of the HDMI bitstream have error correction but not the audio or video.

I agree with the rest of what you wrote.
post #129 of 130 Old 03-03-2013, 09:53 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDPERSON View Post

No my keyboard is fine. LOL

What I do find interesting are posters that ignore evidence by WHAT HJI FI magazine and/or have never purchased the audioquest cables to see the difference.

Instead I find that some individuals after buying one type cable and saying they are all alike. Now that is funny.

DIGITAL cables either work or they don't................if a Monoprice cable works and a Monster cable works there is no difference whatsoever in
PQ......................anything else is nonsense.........!

You sound like a Best Buy employee selling Monster crap to the little old lady over in the next aisle................lol
edc415 likes this.
post #130 of 130 Old 03-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 489
posts deleted

if your post was deleted, take note

please take the high road in every post
if you see a problematic post, please do not quote it or respond to it: report it to the mods to handle
Closed Thread HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page