Viera Link Not Working? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-28-2011, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm posting this now because I just got off the phone with a Panasonic Tech that didn't even know what Viera Link over HDMI actually does.
He also did not know that you can control a PS3 via Viera link and would not offer any support to my query.
So this post is to anyone who is in the same predicament that I was.

Now, I've had my ps3 for a number of months and have been navigating the XMB (cross media bar) and movies with the TV remote, I decided that I would get a Panasonic Home Theater system to use with it because up until now I have been using Logitech z506 computer speakers and they weren't working great on the 2ch RCA output.

So I took delivery moved some furniture around set it all up, but what's this, no more HDMI-CEC for my ps3. Confused I sent a support request to Panasonic (note my opening paragraph) and after being no help I went back to business as usual. Until I pulled my HTPC out to clean around it, accidentally yanked one of the HDMI cables out, so I pulled them all out making sure where each one went, later turning the ps3 on for a game of CoD I noticed there was no sound.

Turns out I switched the cables around, thinking hmmm... Maybe that cable is better than the other I grabbed another and now everything is working as I assumed it should when I bought the theatre system.

Viera link needs HDMI 1.3, that's all the support rep had to tell me

I'm sorry for the novel, but if anyone else is having this problem at least I've posted this somewhere to be found
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-28-2011, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Viera Link is Panasonic's name for HDMI-CEC. Cross-brand use of HDMI-CEC has always been a problem, it seems. However, the PS3 uses HDMI version 1.3 and the PS3 slim is compatible with HDMI-CEC. Both the TV and the PS3 have to have the feature enabled for it to work.
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page