is this an hdmi issue? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-12-2011, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i have a Pioneer VSX 30, an xbox 360 and a panasonic plasma and they are all hooked up with HDMI 1.3 or above cables.

Everything works on the xbox except the following.

when I try to play a dvd, the receiver flashes L R and Digital - all the while the dvd display glitches with a white horizontal static line, and the sound "blips" all in sync with the reciever flashing L R and Digital.

when I try to play Netflix through the Xbox, the same thing happens - except PCM flashes and I get a display glitch with white horizontal static line and sound "blips" in the same beat as the flashing pcm on the reciever. The Netflix image is HD quality except for the above.

I called Netflix, called Xbox and have not yet called pioneer. Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

I was wondering if it could be an issue with something called HDCP?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-12-2011, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99999jj View Post

i have a Pioneer VSX 30, an xbox 360 and a panasonic plasma and they are all hooked up with HDMI 1.3 or above cables.

Everything works on the xbox except the following.

when I try to play a dvd, the receiver flashes L R and Digital - all the while the dvd display glitches with a white horizontal static line, and the sound "blips" all in sync with the reciever flashing L R and Digital.

when I try to play Netflix through the Xbox, the same thing happens - except PCM flashes and I get a display glitch with white horizontal static line and sound "blips" in the same beat as the flashing pcm on the reciever. The Netflix image is HD quality except for the above.

I called Netflix, called Xbox and have not yet called pioneer. Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

I was wondering if it could be an issue with something called HDCP?

There's no such thing as HDMI 1.3 or 1.4 cables. There are only standard speed and high speed cables, with some options for both.

http://www.hdmi.org/learningcenter/faq.aspx#49

What is the length of the cables you are using?

The VSX-30 receiver is new receiver and I'd be surprised if this was an HDCP issue, unless you have modified the components. It sounds like you either have a receiver problem or a cable problem - basically something common to all configurations where the problem occurs.
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page