HDMI CABLE & SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA EXPLORER 8240HDC box - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-26-2011, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone,

I bought an a LCD tv, and I noticed 2 issues, when I connect the HDMI cable from LCD tv to the warner cable box 8240HDC. When it set to HDMI, the volume on the remote control from the cable box does not work, I need to use the remote control from the tv to change the volume, and the cable box control to change the channels. I was wondering if that can be fixed and just use only the cable box control when using HDMI settings, or if thats normal or maybe I need a better HDMI cable? Another issued I noticed when HDMI input is set is that the non high definition channels the screen is smaller, and I need to be stretching each channel to fit the screen, can that be fixed too? I want all the channels to be in normal size like the high definition channels. is that normal with the time warner cable box 8240HDC? or is it the HDMI CABLE? I totally like how it looks when the HDMI imput is connected but my family does not like to be changing the screen size to STRETCH in each non high definition channel because it loses image when stretch. can someone know about these 2 issues. please help. are all cable boxes have those issues? please help. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-26-2011, 09:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 87
If you aren't getting sparkles or worse, you HDMI cable is fine.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-27-2011, 07:17 AM

Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown11_2012 View Post

Hello everyone,

I bought an a LCD tv, and I noticed 2 issues, when I connect the HDMI cable from LCD tv to the warner cable box 8240HDC. When it set to HDMI, the volume on the remote control from the cable box does not work, I need to use the remote control from the tv to change the volume, and the cable box control to change the channels. I was wondering if that can be fixed and just use only the cable box control when using HDMI settings, or if thats normal or maybe I need a better HDMI cable? Another issued I noticed when HDMI input is set is that the non high definition channels the screen is smaller, and I need to be stretching each channel to fit the screen, can that be fixed too? I want all the channels to be in normal size like the high definition channels. is that normal with the time warner cable box 8240HDC? or is it the HDMI CABLE? I totally like how it looks when the HDMI imput is connected but my family does not like to be changing the screen size to STRETCH in each non high definition channel because it loses image when stretch. can someone know about these 2 issues. please help. are all cable boxes have those issues? please help. thanks.

You're outside of what an HDMI cable or HDMI does. It passes 1s and 0s but doesn't change the 1s and 0s, unless there is an error. As Colm said, you'll know if there was an error.

So, you don't need a better HDMI cable. Your HDMI cable is working fine.

Instead everything you are asking about is the way your cable box and TV work. It is normal operations.

So, try the 8240HDC thread in the cable box forum for information on how to upscale a SD picture to 1080i. Also take a look at the cable box's remote control and I'll bet you can program the cable box's remote control volume buttons to work your TV's volume control.

And, finally, using your name as unknown and having your first append, isn't going to really get you quick help. You might look around the various audio/video forums and see if you might want to stay awhile. If so, you might want a more specific ID.
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page