Pulling HDMI thru PVC piping in wall - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-10-2011, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Presently I have a single 30' BJC series 2 24awg HDMI cable that runs from my avr to my projector. I have purchased a new 3D projector and since the avr is not 3D compatible I am thinking I am going to have to run individual HDMI cables from my Oppo 93 and Direct TV sat box to the projector for video and then separate audio from each to the avr. The present HDMI cable runs via 2.5" pvc piping from equipment closet to the ceiling where the projector is mounted.

I want to make sure whatever HDMi cable I run at that distance will handle 1080p 3D so I was considering the BJC Series 1 23.5 awg high speed cable. On their website they say this cable is thick and stiff so was wondering if anyone had used it in a similar setting to mine? I would have to run two.

Or are there other options? Certainly I could replace my avr ( Pioneer Elite 84 ) with a 3D avr but then I may still need a better HDMI cable than I have now. Correct?

I am aware of other things like active HDMI cables and the such but know even less about those than I do about HDMI.

What would you do if faced with this? Not looking for the cheapest option, just the best futureproof option so I don't have to do this again!!
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page