HDMI Matrix Switch - Why is this so complicated???? - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #151 of 153 Old 03-21-2016, 03:38 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariokrt64 View Post
I have a similar issue...one of the outputs from my Onkyo receiver feeds my Panasonic ST60 Plasma (a 3DTV) and the other Onkyo output I want to split/switch between a JVC 2D Projector and an Epson 3D Projector....got a "3D" capable splitter on Amazon but did not pass the 3D signal.
I am no expert on the EDID signal but if you want to switch, the switch i mentioned about, should work just fine. If you want to split - some times there is a problem. I don't recall but I think the switch I use works even for split. It works just fine as a switch.. I have been using it for several years, with no problem.
I think I posted info about it in prior posts. It is a generic 4X2 matrix switch for about $100 or so..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 153 Old 03-21-2016, 03:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 15
You meant switch to two type of different displays, one 3D other 2D?
post #153 of 153 Old 03-21-2016, 04:25 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariokrt64 View Post
You meant switch to two type of different displays, one 3D other 2D?
I meant.. the source (BD Player) will need EDID authentication. I am not sure how the authentication is handled when two devices are connected simultenously.. but obviously, we have seen multiple TVS working on same signal. I think my own switch also works fine when two devices are connected to the same source. Some times, I might have to switch between sources to make it work.. Over all, the hdmi matrix switch seems to work just fine..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World