The Unoffical source for everything HDBaseT - Page 9 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
post #241 of 245 Old 04-15-2015, 07:12 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Anyone know of an HDMI CATx extender capable of doing UHD/60Hz at 4:4:4 chroma with full 18+ Gbps bandwidth?

Most everyone I find tops out at 10+ Gbps, which means UHD?6Hz at 4:2:0.

I'm looking for one that supports full ARC as well. ARC seems to be a missing feature of most extenders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 245 Old 05-19-2015, 09:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Can anyone recommend the best "brand" to look at for HDbaseT? I know monoprice has some but I'm guessing better quality solutions exist from other manufacturers.
post #243 of 245 Old 05-19-2015, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaremyP View Post
Anyone know of an HDMI CATx extender capable of doing UHD/60Hz at 4:4:4 chroma with full 18+ Gbps bandwidth?

Most everyone I find tops out at 10+ Gbps, which means UHD?6Hz at 4:2:0.

I'm looking for one that supports full ARC as well. ARC seems to be a missing feature of most extenders.
HDBT does not support ARC on any of their products. So, if you see any extender which supports ARC, then it is not HDBT.

Likewise, Valens has HDBT chipsets which support HDMI 1.4 and UHD in 4:2:0, but not in 4:4:4 according to their website...

http://www.valens.com/products/vs2310

Hopefully in the next year or so, we will see products which can handle a bit more.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #244 of 245 Unread Today, 05:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I'm looking for suggestions for equipment with two scenarios I'm working with.

1. At my house I need a matrix that will allow a minimum of 2 hdmi inputs - a satellite receiver and a media player (4 would be nice for future proofing). This will be located at a TV so I also need to send those 2 sources back to the TV. I then want to send the other two via cat6 to a 2nd TV location. In this scenario I also have a cat5e coming up from the basement theatre rack that would be awesome to tie in at some point for consoles in the rack however I also have an hdmi cable running the same path that I could also use.

2. Inlaws house. Cat6 to all TV locations (5 right now and maybe more later) which then terminate in an equipment closet in the basement. 2 Satellite receivers (1 for each floor of the house) to all locations eats up 2 inputs, maybe a bluray player or some other source down the line for a 3rd so a matrix will also be in order.

I know monoprice has great prices but I need 100% reliability without having to reset units every so often. I have also found in the past the hdmi switches I used degraded the picture quality (this might no longer be the case).
post #245 of 245 Unread Today, 07:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Fernand View Post
Sno Crash – as Andy says either centralise your games console and control it remotely or have it ‘in zone’ and potentially send back its Optical Out over a single CAT cable using a lower cost Optical over CAT extender.

HD over LAN (no matter who’s badge is on the box) has to compress the video signal – it’s not a show killer for Commercial applications or smaller TV's but it looks ‘unnatural’ on a larger TV if you are used to viewing non-compressed HDMI.

We have recently introduced our own solution and its being going well in the commercial market - http://www.octavainc.com/HDMI_extender_LAN_HDDSX.html

Joe

Your post was a couple of years ago, but I assume the product is still on the market. I want to send a signal from my home theater to my kitchen. Both rooms are connected through a router and with Ethernet switches. Can I plug your transmitter into the switch in the theater room and the receiver into the switch in the kitchen and from there to a TV, thereby receiving the same signal in both room simultaneously? The distance is less than 100 feet. Will the sound sync, or will there be a delay?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page