Projector HDMI Issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-24-2012, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have an Optoma HD806, an Onkyo SR307 and sony blu ray devices. I run HDMI from the device to the receiver and then a 26 foot HDMI to the projector.

Everything has run fine in the past, then I had a toothing issue one night. I shut everything down, then unplugged the projector to reset it (a rare but known fix on this model of Optoma). When I plugged everything back in, the projector cannot recognize the HDMI input and I just get a blue screen (default on projector).

I have swapped out all cables, reset all components etc. When the blu ray is connected to the receiver with no HDMI to the projector, the receiver is receiving full HDMI, but when the projector is reconnected it disrupts the HDMI between the receiver and blu ray as well as carries no signal to the projector.

I have also swapped out the projector w/ another 1080p display and all works well fine Any thoughts?

Nothing, nada, zip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-24-2012, 08:20 PM

Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Rhino View Post

Have an Optoma HD806, an Onkyo SR307 and sony blu ray devices. I run HDMI from the device to the receiver and then a 26 foot HDMI to the projector.

Everything has run fine in the past, then I had a toothing issue one night. I shut everything down, then unplugged the projector to reset it (a rare but known fix on this model of Optoma). When I plugged everything back in, the projector cannot recognize the HDMI input and I just get a blue screen (default on projector).

I have swapped out all cables, reset all components etc. When the blu ray is connected to the receiver with no HDMI to the projector, the receiver is receiving full HDMI, but when the projector is reconnected it disrupts the HDMI between the receiver and blu ray as well as carries no signal to the projector.

I have also swapped out the projector w/ another 1080p display and all works well fine Any thoughts?

Unfortunately, given the extensive trouble-shooting that you already did, I'd have to say either the HDMI port on the Optima has been disabled or the port is now damaged/defective. Possibly the actual cause of the toothing issue rather than the cause you suspected?
post #3 of 7 Old 01-25-2012, 01:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Hot Plugging HDMI kit is never a good idea - it's preferable to power everything off at the wall whenever you are connecting/reconnecting kit.

Power the kit down (not to Standby) then simplify the system to Source > Projector and repower - if it works power down again and now insert the AVR and see how it goes.

I had a nightmare a while ago with an Optoma on the end of a dual HDMI Output AVR - all had been working fine via a 4x2 HDMI Matrix but fell apart when we replaced the Matrix with the AVR.

Firmware updates on the AVR and Projector plus remembering to never have the AVR set to HDMI A + B out solved the problem - you always have to be toggling HDMI A or B, both together still crashes the Optoma!

Joe

If I've helped 'Like' me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/Octavainc

post #4 of 7 Old 01-25-2012, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

I never hot plug HDMI, sorry if that wasn't clear. And am unclear on HDMI a+b. I can only set the HDMI from one input. Now if you mean speaker a/b.. yes that screws up the HDMI throughput. It looks like a bad HDMI port or something deeper. Unfortunately Optoma won't sell parts so its a waste to have troubleshooting done locally.

Nothing, nada, zip
post #5 of 7 Old 01-25-2012, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Probably confusing more than helping - was just relaying the issues I had when combining a Yamaha AVR (with twin HDMI Outputs) plus an Optoma projector.

Odd that changing the Spk settings messes up the HDMI signal passing through the AVR - it sounds like you are possibly processing the video signals on the way through the AVR and also possibly setting the Source to something other than 2.0 LPCM audio!

Joe

If I've helped 'Like' me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/Octavainc

post #6 of 7 Old 01-26-2012, 07:30 AM

Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Rhino View Post

I never hot plug HDMI, sorry if that wasn't clear. And am unclear on HDMI a+b. I can only set the HDMI from one input. Now if you mean speaker a/b.. yes that screws up the HDMI throughput. It looks like a bad HDMI port or something deeper. Unfortunately Optoma won't sell parts so its a waste to have troubleshooting done locally.

Can you describe the speaker a/b "screw up" a bit more and how it changes the HDMI output? By a/b, do you mean surround a versus surround b or room a versus room b or something else? I'm not sure it will help, but it may be one more clue.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-03-2012, 08:11 AM

I too am having the same problem as Ryan Rhino. In my case I am not running an AVR in my hdmi chain. I have a sony S470 plugged directly into my optoma 806. I have swapped cables and devices and have determined it is this equipment combo. Right now I am running an older Sanyo blu ray player and the image is perfect. what is frustrating is this problem occurred out of the blue. The combo worked flawlessly until a few months ago. I am suspecting the latest Sony software upgrade created this problem. I have not found any way to back rev the software but I am hoping that will resolve the problem. What is funny is that I replaced the Sanyo with the Sony when the Sanyo was having a java conflict. Now the Sony has a crap picture. I am getting so tired of software driven hardware devices.
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page