HDMI experts, I am loosing signal with low frequency - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 02-26-2012, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
fab68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As a raise the volume my tv looses signal and audio . As my Denon AVR-4810ci is working I will move the cables on the back of the receiver or on the DVD player and I loose signal. What can I do to correct this??
fab68 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 02-26-2012, 02:33 PM
 
alk3997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,722
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by fab68 View Post

As a raise the volume my tv looses signal and audio . As my Denon AVR-4810ci is working I will move the cables on the back of the receiver or on the DVD player and I loose signal. What can I do to correct this??

First try a different HDMI cable between the Denon and the DVD player. Also try a different HDMI input on the Denon. Make sure only the DVD player is connected to the Denon when you test in case there is a bad ground somewhere else in your system.

If that doesn't work then you probably have a loose connection on the DVD or Denon HDMI port. Can't tell which with what little info you provided. However that would mean a repair trip.
alk3997 is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 02-26-2012, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
fab68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alk3997 View Post

First try a different HDMI cable between the Denon and the DVD player. Also try a different HDMI input on the Denon. Make sure only the DVD player is connected to the Denon when you test in case there is a bad ground somewhere else in your system.

If that doesn't work then you probably have a loose connection on the DVD or Denon HDMI port. Can't tell which with what little info you provided. However that would mean a repair trip.

thanks Andy, i will change the HDMI and check??
fab68 is offline  
post #4 of 8 Old 02-27-2012, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Joe Fernand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 1,107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 61
A better explanation of what is connected to what and more detail on the volume raising - are you raising the TV volume or the AVR volume and what Source are you viewing at the time?

Joe

If I've helped 'Like' me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/Octavainc

Joe Fernand is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 02-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Zenyatto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 470
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 19
My trousers get loose when I LOSE weight!

Home Theater Aficionado
Zenyatto is online now  
post #6 of 8 Old 02-29-2012, 05:15 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
fab68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Fernand View Post

A better explanation of what is connected to what and more detail on the volume raising - are you raising the TV volume or the AVR volume and what Source are you viewing at the time?

Joe

I am raising the volume on the Denon Avr 4810 using the DVD as the source. What I have notice is the if I take my subs on the AVR to from -3db after audessey to -10 i will not have the issue, so far...... If I run the system as is it is a matter of how deep the scene is and I will loose audio and video. I can see the Denon disengage on the source and then it comes back.
I will change the Denon on the input and output. I have already replaced the HDMI cable and i continue to have the issue.
fab68 is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 02-29-2012, 09:02 AM
 
alk3997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,722
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by fab68 View Post

I am raising the volume on the Denon Avr 4810 using the DVD as the source. What I have notice is the if I take my subs on the AVR to from -3db after audessey to -10 i will not have the issue, so far...... If I run the system as is it is a matter of how deep the scene is and I will loose audio and video. I can see the Denon disengage on the source and then it comes back.
I will change the Denon on the input and output. I have already replaced the HDMI cable and i continue to have the issue.

That things vibrate less and you don't have a problem (changing the LFE from -3 to -10) says something is loose or close to open. So, that's consistent with the steps we talked about earlier.

Just to be sure, the HDMI connector shell (the outer casing) should be close to flush with the input port case on the Denon when the HDMI connector is fully installed.
alk3997 is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 03-22-2012, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Selden Ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 6,442
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Also, do *NOT* plug and unplug the HDMI cables while any equipment is powered on. Doing so can cause permanent damage to the electronics, requiring them to be sent out for repair. Unplug all equipment from the wall socket (or turn off the power strip if you use one) before changing the HDMI cables connecting them together. Putting them in standby is not good enough. HDMI circuitry is much more fragile than simple analog audio connections.

Selden
Selden Ball is online now  
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off