Can ARC Issues be Caused by Cables - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 03-18-2012, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Panasonic VT30 and an Onkyo TX-NR609. Everything was working great, and then I moved the whole setup to a new tv stand. Now everything works great except the ARC.

My xbox and PS3 are connected through the receiver and work fine. The TV still detects and communicates with the receiver, too. The TV automatically turns off the internal speakers and disables all tv related audio settings. Adjusting the volume on the TV remote adjusts the volume on the receiver, but the audio just doesn't work.

As a work-around, I have installed an optical cable and switched over the receiver to use that, which works, but I would really rather just use the ARC that was already working in another location. This makes me wonder if it is possible that there is a problem with the data line using the ARC? Or does anyone else have any thoughts on what could cause this?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-18-2012, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 87
If you haven't already, you might want to try a high speed with ethernet HDMI cable. Although any HDMI cable is supposed to be able to support ARC, the former is actually designed for the purpose. It might make a difference on longer runs.
post #3 of 8 Old 03-18-2012, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
so you are saying that the only thing you changed is the TV stand... all the cabling is exactly the same (including you didn't swap one cable for another say "to receiver" or "to tv").... interesting.... wonder if there is a market for TV stand "friendly" HDMI cables... :-)
post #4 of 8 Old 03-18-2012, 06:36 PM

Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macmacabre View Post

I have a Panasonic VT30 and an Onkyo TX-NR609. Everything was working great, and then I moved the whole setup to a new tv stand. Now everything works great except the ARC.

My xbox and PS3 are connected through the receiver and work fine. The TV still detects and communicates with the receiver, too. The TV automatically turns off the internal speakers and disables all tv related audio settings. Adjusting the volume on the TV remote adjusts the volume on the receiver, but the audio just doesn't work.

As a work-around, I have installed an optical cable and switched over the receiver to use that, which works, but I would really rather just use the ARC that was already working in another location. This makes me wonder if it is possible that there is a problem with the data line using the ARC? Or does anyone else have any thoughts on what could cause this?

Thanks!

By any chance, while you were moving things around did you unplug the receiver? What it sounds like is that the setting on that input got changed from ARC to regular HDMI (or one of the analog inputs). The signals are still getting to the receiver (the volume knob changes position) but the receiver is now sending out a different audio input with nothing attached to the input. The receiver settings for that input have to be set to ARC.
post #5 of 8 Old 03-21-2012, 12:44 PM

Couple ideas
1) check if HDMI cable it plug in to the TV's HDMI port that supports ARC
2) go to TV's setting, and make sure the CEC is turn ON
post #6 of 8 Old 03-22-2012, 11:44 AM

I have an LG 42LW500T But I cant get the ARC to work with my Panasonic blu ray home cinema BTT270. The panasonic shows ARC on the display and the tv has ARC set to ON but no sound at all? Any ideas?
post #7 of 8 Old 03-22-2012, 11:45 AM

Hope this is the place to be for this question sorry if not!
post #8 of 8 Old 03-22-2012, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul JB View Post

I have an LG 42LW500T But I cant get the ARC to work with my Panasonic blu ray home cinema BTT270. The panasonic shows ARC on the display and the tv has ARC set to ON but no sound at all? Any ideas?

Is there a specific HDMI input/output on the Panasonic for ARC that you missed?
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page