I need help hooking up my receiver with HDMI cables - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-12-2012, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I need help hooking up my receiver. I want sound to play through the TV and the surround sound speakers but I can only get it to play through the surround sound currently. Can someone please help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-12-2012, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilynne View Post

I need help hooking up my receiver. I want sound to play through the TV and the surround sound speakers but I can only get it to play through the surround sound currently. Can someone please help?

Not with as little information as you provided. Next time include how you currently have the cables connected and what brand/model of equipment you are trying to hook-up?

The basics are you need to connect your cable box or Blu-Ray player (the sources) to your Audio/Video Receiver (AVR) then the AVR output to the TV. An alternative is to use the Audio Return Channel, if your TV and AVR support that.

Also when you write back please explain what you mean by,

"I want sound to play through the TV and the surround sound speakers but I can only get it to play through the surround sound currently."

If you want audio to play through the AVR and TV *at the same time* and have surround sound through the AVR while playing stereo through the TV, you may have trouble.
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page