3Likes

post #391 of 394 Old 08-31-2014, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
You made it sound like one 15' cable was being used for two displays. More information about that or any other details about your HDMI signal path from source to each of your displays would help. The red line flashing doesn't sound like a HDMI problem to me, but more information would be helpful.
I tested the 15' redmere on two different displays. Both reacted differently. My laptop runs regular sized cheap HDMI cables to both TV's fine. No issues with video quality. Both TV's were updated with software, to ensure they were up to date. Laptop is a Sager NP5160, very capable laptop for video, I used VLC as the media player.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 394 Old 08-31-2014, 12:25 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by steves40th View Post
I tested the 15' redmere on two different displays. Both reacted differently. My laptop runs regular sized cheap HDMI cables to both TV's fine. No issues with video quality. Both TV's were updated with software, to ensure they were up to date. Laptop is a Sager NP5160, very capable laptop for video, I used VLC as the media player.
Since your setup consists of a lap top and which ever TV you connect using HDMI, is it possible to try the Redmere in another system that doesn't include a computer?

The cutting out problem could be excessive handshake requests caused by your computer, the cable, and or the TV. The red flashing is not something that I've run into in connection with HDMI problems. HDMI technology is a pain at the best of times. If one of your sets is much older than the other that might explain the difference in symptoms.
steves40th likes this.
post #393 of 394 Old Yesterday, 12:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
Since your setup consists of a lap top and which ever TV you connect using HDMI, is it possible to try the Redmere in another system that doesn't include a computer?

The cutting out problem could be excessive handshake requests caused by your computer, the cable, and or the TV. The red flashing is not something that I've run into in connection with HDMI problems. HDMI technology is a pain at the best of times. If one of your sets is much older than the other that might explain the difference in symptoms.
I will try it with a Bluray player when I get home. I am on the road now. Good idea...
post #394 of 394 Old Yesterday, 12:49 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by steves40th View Post
I will try it with a Bluray player when I get home. I am on the road now. Good idea...
Also try different HDMI inputs on your TVs. Good luck.
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page