Best HDMI switch from these? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-25-2012, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm a little confused as to why some of these are priced higher than others. The HDTV in question has only 2 HDMI ports, so I hear an HDMI switch is needed to overcome that situation. I googled and these three stood out for their price, but then again if someone has something better please let me know.

http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-501BN-Premium-wireless-adapter/dp/B0049SCB2Y/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=35O8JSQV9T6OP&coliid=I3A20CYQZ95KZX

The reason this is still around is because of the amount of reviews and popularity it has -- though I don't know if there's any particular reason.

http://www.amazon.com/control-Equalizer-Blue-Jeans-Cable/dp/B0038SQQ0Y/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=35O8JSQV9T6OP&coliid=I3K2LJURLU0IV5

This one seems to be the same as the top one except cheaper. I don't know if it's less popular for any specific reason.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-PORT-HDMI-SWITCH-SWITCHER-SPLITTER-HDTV-1080P-/250998332546?pt=US_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3a70aa9c82

This just seems to save you money. It's unbranded, so I don't know if that may raise concern.

Can anyone help? Any one in particular to go for? Ones not on this list welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-25-2012, 07:55 PM

Liked: 87
Interesting first append. From an HDMI perspective these are all the same price. The difference is negligible. There are four port matrix switches that go for hundreds of dollars and 8 ports for tens of thousands.

Really the answer to which one is better is whether each supports the features you want, such as 3D. Only you can answer which features you are looking for. The key is to read the specs and any user reviews. However, if you are just trying to send 1080p and stereo audio, then any of these switches will likely work.

Maybe someone here has used one of these switches. I have a different one that I purchased at Fry's for around $90 three years ago. It works with everything the computer sends to it but I don't send 3D out from that computer.

Given the choice of the three I'd take the Blue Jeans Cable box because it is remote controllable and I know the reputation of Blue Jeans Cable.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-25-2012, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks for your reply. The one from ebay also has a remote control, so that should be no problem. What I did notice though is that the ebay one has no power supply, while the amazon ones do. Do you think one that runs from an AC power supply might be better?
post #4 of 4 Old 11-25-2012, 09:16 PM

Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesn View Post

Thanks for your reply. The one from ebay also has a remote control, so that should be no problem. What I did notice though is that the ebay one has no power supply, while the amazon ones do. Do you think one that runs from an AC power supply might be better?

Yes. First each of them is running on power. The ones without a power wart (or equivalent) are just using the power from the cable. In other words your source is providing the power. Sometimes that works, many times that does not.

So having an AC source is a definite plus.
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page