Can someone recommend a 25 ft, quality HDMI v1.4 cable? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-22-2012, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Due to the length of my room, and projector and AVR placements, I need one long HDMI cable to connect both from opposite sides of the room, which is 20-21 feet long. eek.gif

My other option is somehow connecting both wirelessly, which is actually my preference, but only if the cost is under $75.

I know some HDMI cables like the Energy brand is more expensive per foot, than say a "Nexxtech" branded one. It also looks nicer too. rolleyes.gif

I am also sure that any HDMI cables longer than 15 ft can be problematic, directly resulting in slightly worse PQ as well as lesser sound quality. I heard this from one of my managers at work several months back.

Any suggestions, or what you guys personally use, will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!! biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 01:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Your manager doesn't know what he is talking about. Any 25' certified high speed HDMi cable is capable of handling any HDMI signal currently possible. And it need not be expensive. Monoprice and Blue Jeans cables are two brands well regarded in the forums. Good performance is quite possible even at 50' at reduced bandwidth (sufficient for 1080p60).

The downsides of wireless solutions are that they use lossy compression are susceptible to interference. You may or may not notice a difference in picture quality. The best products, like Just Add Power's second generation products, claim to be "visually lossless". But IMHO it is usually better to go wired if you have a choice if for no other reason than it is much less susceptible to interference.