What type cable do I need or is recommended, connection questions? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-05-2013, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wow...talk about confusion so I will apologize in advance as it seems like a repetitive theme in this forum.

Anyway, some background info and a few questions.

Recently new purchased home and the builder finished the basement. All the speaker wiring was put in wall during the finish. Since I was originally not going to go projection, I did not have them run anything additional or put an outlet in the ceiling ( dropped the ball on that one rolleyes.gif )

And of course...now I am going projection.

Good news, at closing and walk through I talked to the builder and they have agreed to position all the speaker wires to where I want them as well as run HDMI and put in an outlet where I want in the ceiling, now I need to know what to tell them, they will be back at the end of this month, so I would really like my ducks in a row.

Questions:

1. What type or recommended HDMI cable to I need? It will be in wall and need to be in the 35ft range (Projector is an Epson 8350 and will be ran projector to receiver). Of course I have seen a lot of talk about the cables. Monoprice seems solid.

But do I need to worry about AGW?

My projector is not currently 3D, but what if I wanted to go that way in the future?

What about how much the cable is going to bend through the ceiling and wall?

Would it be best to try and ask the builder to put conduit in? Is that even possible now the drywall and ceiling are complete?

2. Outlets in the ceiling and wall:

Any recommendations for what type of outlets to put in the ceiling and in the wall. I was thinking something along the lines of the below:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=105&cp_id=10425&cs_id=1042513&p_id=4006&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

This would handle the run of the HDMI I believe plus the speaker wire coming out of the wall to the receiver.

Anyway, I am a pretty open book, so any advice anyone has about any of the above or outside of this would great.

Thanks in advance!

Dustin
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page