Emailed Octava and got a reply in a few hours for anyone else that's interested....
- Is there any audio quality loss or is it simply routing the LPCM from the HDMI to the RCA outs?
There isn't any known quality loss.
- I had a Kinivo 4x2 switch but for some reason its remote would actually change channels and actually turn off the Channel Master 7001 HD Tuner which was bizarre. I am assuming you guys have a set of IR codes that are yours?
We do run our own IR code. So you should not run into this issue
- I have read short HDMI cables (1-3') can cause issues, for example with a Darbee Darblet, any issue with this switch orin general?
Yes, there were many cable quality issue.
Since mid last year, HDMI organization has put in new rules about HDMI cables.
Standard HDMI cable - only guarantee to run up to 1080i
High-speed HDMI cable - guarantee to run up to 1080P and 3D video.
As long as you use High-Speed cables, the system should work
- I will need to use the EDID to force 7.1 as the switch will be plugged into a JVC projector. Should be ok?
The HDMXA71 has 7.1 LPCM EDID out of the box.
It does the following:
Video EDID: read from both output A and output B. Play video in common denominator
Audio EDID: internally fixed to tell source to play in
1) LPCM 2, 5.1, and 7.1 (44kHz to 192kHz)
2) Dolby Digital 5.1
3) DTS 5.1
- Anything I'm missing? Any advice? Thanks for the help...better to ask now than find out the hard way and return it.
From what you told us, we think it should work out of the box.
If in case you do need a custom EDID, we can write one for you.
You will flash the EDID using USB port on the HDMXA71