I've had a similar issue with my Denon AVR 1913. Connections include (all to the AVR): Dish Network DVR (722), Vizio Blu Ray (unsure model#) and Apple TV (3rd Gen)...TV is Mitsubishi DLP WD-62625.
- When switching inputs, periodically the screen goes blank. Audio is still there, no video. The only fix I've found is recycling (turning off/on) the AVR multiple times.
- Sometimes (less frequently), when I switch inputs I'll get 'flickering' similar to what ALK 3397 posted but still no video.
- I have the latest firmware installed (updated when I purchased the unit only three weeks ago)
- I'm running a 3 ft, high speed HDMI cable (not budget friendly)
- I've switched HDMI ports on the TV
Here's where it gets interesting. I called the retailer where I purchased the unit (great people BTW) Sunday, they indicated:
- Other Denon 1913 owners have reported similar issues recently
- The retailer was told last week (not sure if it was Denon or other service provider) this is a known issue. They understand there is an "extra chip" (did not get specifics) that is causing handshake issues. They believe the first HDMI ports (1-2) are affected by this chip but higher ports are not.
- Resolution is TBD
but they think if you assign the most used devises the highest ports (6 for DVR, etc) and avoid lower ports, you may avoid the issue. I have not yet tested but I will report my finding when I do.
I recommend others who experience this issue try switching ports as well as asking Denon and/or other service providers. I am NOT declaring that we have a defective product, just passing the feedback I've received about the issues I am experiencing.
I WILL FOLLOW THE RECOMMENDATIONS LISTED ABOVE AND REPORT MY FINDINGS....PLEASE DO THE SAME.