Marantz/Pioneer elite 730hdmi tv - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-02-2013, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, I'm installing my marantz av7701, the tv is a pioneer 730 hmdi tv, 2004 year. I cannot get a the marantz set-up to appear on the tv screen. I tried the marantz on a newer samsung tv and it works. The pioneer tv works with my dish network receiver using hdmi. ?

JoReid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-02-2013, 11:51 PM

Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoReid View Post

Hello, I'm installing my marantz av7701, the tv is a pioneer 730 hmdi tv, 2004 year. I cannot get a the marantz set-up to appear on the tv screen. I tried the marantz on a newer samsung tv and it works. The pioneer tv works with my dish network receiver using hdmi. ?

The 730 was manufactured in the first few years of HDMI and the very nice marantz av7701 is a modern separate. I couldn't find out whether the 730 could accept 1080p as an input but suspect it can't since it is a CRT-based rear projection with 1600 horizontal lines (so about 900 vertical lines). However, HDMI should prevent you sending a resolution not recognized by the CRT, but in this case it may not.

So, I have to believe the problem is probably that the 730 does recognize the HDMI input format. Try setting the Marantz to only send out a 1080i (not 1080p or native) signal. That may allow handshaking to occur. Also make sure that pretty much every HDMI option (such as CEC and Deep Color is off). Basically I'm unsure how an older unit will handle the various newer HDMI options.

A long shot is to see if there was a software/firmware upgrade available for the 730.

If all else fails, I'd suggest going to HD component video inputs on the 730. You shouldn't lose anything - actually with the age of the 730 I'll bet the picture on the component video inputs is actually better than the picture using the HDMI conversion chips of that era. Some of them had pretty strange default settings. If you go to component video remember that you have to use the component video inputs for all devices on the Marantz (conversion from HDMI to component video is not possible in the Marantz).
post #3 of 4 Old 02-03-2013, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 64
If you use a Composite, S-Video or YUV (Component) cable from the AVR to the TV you ought to be able to pull up the AVR User Menu and set the AVR HDMI Output to something the TV supports (most likely 1080i60).

Joe

If I've helped 'Like' me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/Octavainc

post #4 of 4 Old 02-05-2013, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks for the replies. The old pioneer when using hdmi, will pass only 1080i, the marantz on screen is 480, and passed only thru the hdmi.
New tv on the horizon, this pioneer hdmi 730 projection monitor, 64 inch screen, has provided outstanding performance, but mfg in 2003. However I just notice, I'm using a new Samsung 24 inch tv for the marantz av setup, switch to a cartoon channel on both tv's, amazing the pioneer pic is just as good. "The very nice marantz av 7701", first impression is yes, replaced an old classe ssp 300, but with the av7701, my paradigm s8 speakers have come a live, the whole sound, sound stage is so much better. Again thanks, joreid

JoReid
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page