new hdmi cable - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-06-2013, 12:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know when hdmi v2.0 is coming out? I'm doing a in wall install and should i wait until they come out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-06-2013, 05:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Install high speed certified cables for what you need now. You can also use an extender that uses CAT 5e or CAT 6 cable. Run everything in conduit and future proof by running some empty conduit now.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-06-2013, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone414 View Post

Does anyone know when hdmi v2.0 is coming out? I'm doing a in wall install and should i wait until they come out?

Did you know you had a twin, dogboneman? Remarkably, he asked this question (in all caps) only 15 hours before your question,
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone414 
"GOING TO DO A IN WALL INSTALL. NEED AT LEAST 15FT X4 HDMI CABLES. DO ANYONE KNOW THE BEST ONES COMING OUT OR OUT THAT WOULD BE THE BEST FOR YEARS TO COME. I SAW REDMERE AT MONOPRICE IS THERE ANYTHING BETTER. DID ANY SEE OR KNOW OF ANYTHING THAT WAS AT CES. HOOKING IT UP TO DIRECTV GENIE 3D BLURAY PLAYER WII U AND XBOX THANKS."

Being truly psychic, Colm even responded to this poorly phrased question with,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colm 
"There was supposed to be a new HDMI standard published last summer, and it still isn't here."

Remarkable isn't it? Colm, I didn't know you had the ability to answer questions before they even asked. Truly amazing.

So, I think your question was already answered the first time you asked it (or when your twin asked).

Now, I can understand that sometimes we all don't like the answer we're given. Sometimes we wish we would be given a different answer or hope it has changed later on. However, asking the same question again in hopes the answer will change 15 hours later seems to me to be a waste of everyone's time and actually makes it more difficult to follow the thread.

So, please stick to a single thread and post any follow-up questions (preferably ones that haven't been already answered) in that original thread. It makes is much easier for those of us who give a few minutes of our time each day to answer the well-written and throught-out questions that appear here.

BTW, my answer to your questions is still
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALK3997 
"Conduit, Conduit, Conduit"

I'll go back to your original thread now and provide more answers there.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-07-2013, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 235
^^^biggrin.gif you funny guy!
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page