HDMI Cable to go with... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 02-09-2013, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys I am new here ! I would like to have somw advise on my latest purchase ! I have the Panasonic 220 BR player along with an UN55ES6100 (Samsung LED tv) I am looking for the best price/quality hdmi cable (1.4 i guess) to match my setup ! in a few months, I will have a marrantz amp along with 5.1 speaker setup, but right now I need the best picture for my new setup !

thanks and sorry for my poor English

S.

EDIT: I found those : http://www.mycablemart.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=4097

any hints ? also does 3ft or 6ft cable length are influencing the signal ?

thanks a lot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-09-2013, 11:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Before Andy and the others that know what they're talking about chime in, I'll relate what little I know. While I'm sure that cable will work fine, you can spend much less for the same results. Something like this would do the same thing:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10250&cs_id=1025502&p_id=9303&seq=1&format=2#description

It's item # 9303 if the link doesn't work properly.

For a run that short, you don't have to worry about any signal loss. Personally, I would go with 6 feet because 3 feet is really short and you might need the extra length in the future.

If you have any HDMI cables laying around, I would try them first. There is a chance that they will work fine. If so, you just saved yourself some money. If not, try the link above or somewhere else like BJC and look for a high-speed HDMI cable. Either way, don't spend even close to what you would spend at mycablemart.
SimDuch likes this.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-10-2013, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your answer ! so my only target here is the High Speed ?

I guess I will save money :-)

S.

EDIT: what about those ? http://www.amazon.ca/Yellowknife-Premium-Cable-Nylon-Support/dp/B008GO4594/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&qid=1360510542&sr=8-26

4 X 4 6ft kit for 16$

thanks

As I am a newbi in these technologie, I just don't understand if my setup needs a High speed cable and if yes why ?

Cheers
S.
post #4 of 7 Old 02-10-2013, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Certified High Speed HDMI cables are "guaranteed" to meet all current HDMI specs (and some future specs) for lengths up to 25'. They are also backwards compatible so buying High Speed cables will work for anything that you have now. Monoprice, MediaBridge, Blue Jeans, are all good sources for quality cables. The 1.4 designation is the hardware spec, not the cable spec. High Speed covers that hardware spec.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-10-2013, 04:01 PM

Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctego View Post

Before Andy and the others that know what they're talking about chime in, I'll relate what little I know. While I'm sure that cable will work fine, you can spend much less for the same results. Something like this would do the same thing:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10250&cs_id=1025502&p_id=9303&seq=1&format=2#description

It's item # 9303 if the link doesn't work properly.

For a run that short, you don't have to worry about any signal loss. Personally, I would go with 6 feet because 3 feet is really short and you might need the extra length in the future.

If you have any HDMI cables laying around, I would try them first. There is a chance that they will work fine. If so, you just saved yourself some money. If not, try the link above or somewhere else like BJC and look for a high-speed HDMI cable. Either way, don't spend even close to what you would spend at mycablemart.

Good answer - nicely written...
post #6 of 7 Old 02-10-2013, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks all, very appreciated ! I ordered the Monoprice linked above !

I took 4 x 6ft long to hook up my setup for 35$ :-)

Cheers

S.
post #7 of 7 Old 02-10-2013, 06:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Good to hear. Feel confident ordering from there. If you ever have any issues, their customer service is excellent.
SimDuch likes this.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page