Solidmate 4x2 HDMI Switch - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-01-2013, 04:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Boy I'm lost, just purchased a motorhome with too many A/V devices. My other coaches had input and output switches. This one has 4 in and 2 out. This one has output A and output B on the front, will try and post a picture. Can someone explain this to me?
Thanks!
PS the coach has 4 TVs, satellite, 2 DVDs,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-01-2013, 06:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Sure. What you have is a device that takes multiple HDMI inputs (4) and sends any of those inputs to 2 outputs. It's called a matrix switch. The SolidMate brand was sold by Monoprice.

To use the switch basically you need to tell each output which input to use. There are two buttons to select the output, but I don't see any input buttons. So, I suspect (but don't know) that you just keep pressing the output button (A or B) until you select the input you want to see.

The only thing I can't figure out is that you said there were 4 TVs. The matrix switch you are showing only has two outputs, so there must be some other type of device for the other two TVs.

One way to tell is to turn on all 4 TVs and see if three of them change at the same time when you select something different on the A or B output. That would mean 3 TVs are tied to one output using a distribution amp (also known as a splitter). Of course it could also be 2 TVs on each output with two distribution amps (splitters).
post #3 of 3 Old 04-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Had one, if you need a remote, Monoprice sells them.
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page