Apologies for cross posting, but it was suggested to me in the HDTV Technical thread that someone here named Andy may be able to help? Here's my original post there and my follow up info. Thanks!
Pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. I had my PS3, Blu Ray (LG), and cable box (Samsung/Cablevision) all running to my TV (LG) and everything was working great. I had the TV wall mounted last week and the HDMI cables for all run in the wall. The cable box and the PS3 work beautifully, no matter what port I hook them up to. The Blu Ray though gives me a "no signal" message on 99% of my hook up attempts. The other 1% is does me the home screen but there is a tremendous amount of picture noise. I grabbed my Sony Blu Ray from another room and it works ago, but there is a decent amount of noise/random "snow" on that too, both regardless of what port I use.
I'm assuming that it's not the wiring since the PS3 and cable box work ok, but can't figure out wht else it could be. The only other thing I could find by searching was a potential HDMI handshake issue, but I'm not sure how to fix this. Anyone encounter this/know what to do?
I am using slim redmere HDMI that are going from the TV to HDMI wall plates, connected via in wall rated HDMI to lower wall plates and from there to the components (all from monoprice). Like I said though, other components seem to work ok on all ports, and I also traded different cables.
So after posting here, on another forum, talking to LG and to Monoprice, I tested a couple of things out tonight.
The blu ray player works fine when it is connected:
- directly to the TV using component cables
- directly to the TV using standard HDMI cable
- directly to the TV using the redmere HDMI cable
- connected to the wall plate via standard hdmi to in wall standard hdmi to hdmi wall plate to redmere to TV
- connected to the wall plate via standard hdmi to in wall standard hdmi to hdmi wall plate to standard hdmi to TV
- connected to the wall plate via redmere to in wall standard hdmi to hdmi wall plate to standard hdmi to TV
The only time is does not work is when I do the routing that monoprice told me is appropriate (and is the way that my ps3 and cable box are working), which is:
- connected to the wall plate via redmere to in wall standard hdmi to hdmi wall plate to redmere to TV
- it also doesn't work if I pull the wall plate from the wall and do redmere to wall plate to redmere to tv, so apparently having redmere at both ends is an issue for this player
I'm not sure why, and obviously from the list above I have plenty of ways that do work, but its driving me nuts why it wouldn't work the way it is supposed to. I'm going to reach out to Monoprice tech support again tomorrow, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it, especially if I go with another HTIB in the future.