Monoprice Does It... Again? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-23-2013, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 294
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10114&cs_id=1011412&p_id=10251&seq=1&format=2

If I'm reading the specifications on this properly, this is a HDMI audio extractor and DSP which will take a DTSMA/TrueHD audio signal, pass it through the box, but also extract the audio into a 2 channel and S/PDIF / Toslink output.

Not only is the price manageable, but the functionality is exactly what I have been looking for in distributed audio setups where a HDMI source is remote located. It helps to 'one wire' a situation so analog audio does not need to be sent to feed a stereo distribution system.

Not out yet, but this is a unique product as far as I can tell and the claims made are truly ideal and on the money for what I have been looking for.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-24-2013, 10:32 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 53
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10114&cs_id=1011412&p_id=10251&seq=1&format=2#description

If it does what you think and it does, and not going to an HDMI AVR the loss/less audio is lost anyway. Monoprice writes it like its going from this converter to a TV set and the optical or the digital coax goes to an AVR. I guess what you want can work, try it and find out
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page