HDMI to RCA Converter? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 07-14-2013, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello All,

Hopefully, someone on here can help me. I plan on using a roku 3 with a projector. However, my projector only has 1 HDMI port and NO AUDIO OUT port. Now I have had luck using my speakers through my blu ray. I was wondering if there was a converter that will allow me to use hdmi with rca Thanks.

Ideally, I would want the picture to be HD and the audio would be through RCA. Is this possible?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-14-2013, 04:10 PM

Liked: 32
You mean something like this http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10114&cs_id=1011412&p_id=10251&seq=1&format=2 Instead of asking the question first, and having everyone else do the homework for you, you should really take the time to do the homework, and if you do not understand the product you found, then ask the questions.
post #3 of 11 Old 07-14-2013, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah. I actually found it myself after I posted this.
post #4 of 11 Old 07-14-2013, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

double post
post #5 of 11 Old 07-14-2013, 06:09 PM

Edit your thread, stating that you found what you are looking for next time, or delete it, by clicking the Giant Red X, if you find what you are looking for, so that it does not get replied to.
post #6 of 11 Old 07-15-2013, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Liked: 393
I'm actually really interested in hearing how this product works, so would love some more replies as to the quality of this product, and perhaps any follow up recommendations if this product does not work.

There are a number of HDMI audio extractors on the market, and this unit from Monoprice is unique in that it handles DSP from HD audio sources which may be going through it and downmixes to two channel...

Love to hear how it works in this type of setup.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #7 of 11 Old 07-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_Integrated View Post

I'm actually really interested in hearing how this product works, so would love some more replies as to the quality of this product, and perhaps any follow up recommendations if this product does not work.

There are a number of HDMI audio extractors on the market, and this unit from Monoprice is unique in that it handles DSP from HD audio sources which may be going through it and downmixes to two channel...

Love to hear how it works in this type of setup.

I can't speck to this unit specifically but as for Monoprice they have very good product quietly and stand behind them. I have used a converter that takes the component coaxial and digital coax or optical audio to HDMI. The only thing that was a problem for me is the LED on light is to bright and a little tape fixed that.
post #8 of 11 Old 07-15-2013, 10:06 AM

Someone posted the dimming dots, that you can place over LED's, that are overly bright. Not to go off track, but the largest complaint I see all the time, is the LED's for the U-Verse boxes, which I do not find as bright as those on the DirecTV boxes, which are really super bright.
post #9 of 11 Old 07-16-2013, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzoll View Post

Someone posted the dimming dots, that you can place over LED's, that are overly bright. Not to go off track, but the largest complaint I see all the time, is the LED's for the U-Verse boxes, which I do not find as bright as those on the DirecTV boxes, which are really super bright.

The bright glowing ring on the DirecTV boxes can be dimmed / turned off. Press the LEFT and RIGHT arrow buttons together to cycle through the options. The box won't keep this setting through a power cycle / reboot, so it's also a good way to tell if your box has rebooted! biggrin.gif

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
post #10 of 11 Old 06-03-2014, 09:03 AM

Liked: 12

Would have been more useful for someone to have replied to this with a product they actually have experience with using vs. just searching the monoprice site.  Instead weigh in on quality of DAC.  It is completely useless and a waste of time for others searching for similar issues.  

post #11 of 11 Old 06-03-2014, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Liked: 393
Or you could ask if there's any update with people who may have used it.

I personally have used it now and can report that the Monoprice HDMI audio 'converter' worked very well for my installation and continues to work right now.

The setup:
2 HDMI inputs located at a conference room table.
HDBT extenders to the equipment rack (50' or so)
Monoprice audio extractors used before the HDMI matrix to take audio into the audio switcher.
HDMI video to a Gefen Toolbox 4x4 HDMI matrix.

Audio has consistently been pulled off the cable with no issue whatsoever and audio has been free from noise, pops, clicks, or hiss.

I have not tested these beyond this testing.
JustAnOldVCR likes this.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page