Problem with HDMI Splitter - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 07-26-2013, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all I bought a HDMI Splitter a few months back, it is a IKan Single Input/Dual Output Passive HDMI Splitter and I have it setup as follows.... HDMI Cable from Graphics Card to IN on Splitter, HDMI Cable from Monitor 1 to Out on Splitter and HDMI Cable from IN on Capture Card installed in my computer to Out. I use this setup so I can live stream video games while using 2 Monitors, my 2nd monitor is connected through DVI. Now everything works fine until I go to restart my computer, that is when my resolution gets changed to 640x480 and I can't change it to anything else. The only way to fix it is by disconnecting everything and reconnecting and restarting my computer. And just a few days ago I contacted IKan about the problem and they RMA'd me a new one which I got today, and now I'm having the same problem with the new splitter they sent me, and I am totally lost as to why this is happening, can anyone help?. I mean I know it's a cheap product..I only paid like $15 bucks for it, but still it works fine until I go to restart my computer. Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-26-2013, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 89
I have never seen a passive HDMI splitter that works properly. You need an active device with its own power supply.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-26-2013, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, can you recommend a decently priced one that has its own power supply and is around 30 bucks? I'm not really looking to spend more than that.
post #4 of 7 Old 07-26-2013, 06:22 PM

Liked: 11
Any of the HDMI splitters from Monoprice should do the trick and there are at least 2 models that are around/under $30. The cheapest one has some ugly reviews, but I've never had a problem with them - maybe I'm just lucky.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-27-2013, 04:16 PM

Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Crusher View Post

Any of the HDMI splitters from Monoprice should do the trick and there are at least 2 models that are around/under $30. The cheapest one has some ugly reviews, but I've never had a problem with them - maybe I'm just lucky.

Be careful with that. Monoprice used to have a single splitter that got its power from the HDMI line. You could purchase an optional wall wart but it didn't come with it. I'm not sure if they still have that one available. They rest of the Monoprice line was good.

Basically make sure any splitter you get has an AC wall wart (or equivalent).
post #6 of 7 Old 07-27-2013, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

When you say wall wart I'm guessing you mean wall plug? cause I don't know what a wall wart is
post #7 of 7 Old 07-27-2013, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 89
Wall wart:

Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page