Sony Bravia 40 Inch TV + Dell Inspiron 1564 Laptop - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-15-2013, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Guys, first of all apologies if I've posted this in a wrong area. No problem it has to be moved to the right spot to help others.

I have a 40 inch Sony LCD TV to which I connect my Dell using HDMI and the connection was perfect, no display or sound issues. A couple of weeks ago I restored my laptop to factory settings and now when I connect this to TV, the display on the TV isn't full screen.

The max resolution on my laptop is 1366 x 768 and can;t seem to figure out what I had done earlier ( before restoring my laptop ) to connect to my TV and display was perfect?

I don't think this is an issue on the TV but seems to be something with the laptop settings. I tried with Graphics Properties > Intel Graphic Control Panel etc etc but no luck.

Any help & advise much appreciated.
ki77u
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-15-2013, 01:10 PM

Liked: 87
When you restored to factory settings, I'm assuming you also put the hard drive back to factory settings.

So, the first thing to do is to get the latest video drivers. That might allow options that the earlier drivers did not.

If your laptop is 1366x768, that's not a good HD resolution which the Sony might want. So, the next thing I would try is to setup for dual screens (laptop screen + external monitor) and then setup for non-clone or extended screen mode. This way you can set a different resolution for the external monitor. Set that to 1920x1080.

Usually the video driver software comes with a set of display suite software that provides an easy way to do this. A right click on an empty spot on the desktop should give you option to bring that up. Intel Graphics control panel is the one for your laptop. Use that to look for dual screen mode.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-22-2013, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Hi alk3997,

Was kicked in the back to try and solve this after a long pause.

Thank you for the advice. I checked and tried all these but there wasn't any change.

What I then did was I changed the resolution to 1260x720 and changed the vertical and horizontal scaling to 70 instead of 100. Magic!!

I guess it will be helpful to some one!

Ki77u
post #4 of 4 Old 09-22-2013, 07:14 PM

Liked: 87
I suspect you actually changed it to 1280x720 which is 720p. So it was a nice standard resolution for the TV to lock onto. The scaling may have only applied to the laptop display. Either way, well done!
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page