Sony Grand Wega KDF-55WF655 - HMDI - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-20-2013, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Sony Grand Wega KDF-55WF655 and the HDI does not seem to be working. Never tried it before so it prob was never working.

Tried cable box, laptop, etc.nothing works. The screen blinks so it does recognize it, but not picture. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-20-2013, 05:17 PM

Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by jain25 View Post

I have a Sony Grand Wega KDF-55WF655 and the HDI does not seem to be working. Never tried it before so it prob was never working.

Tried cable box, laptop, etc.nothing works. The screen blinks so it does recognize it, but not picture. Thanks.

(rant redacted by author)

In general, check that you have a good HDMI cable by trying a different one. Check that your sources are set to send something out by HDMI. Many devices require a menu selection for HDMI. Also some devices won't work if anything is hooked up to the component video output.

Make sure you have plugged the cable in correctly.

If you need more help, be specific about what you have tried and what your setup is (component makes / model numbers, where you got the HDMI cable and what type of HDMI cable).

BTW, if your asking for free help at least take the time to spell HDMI correctly and not HDI or HMDI.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-20-2013, 06:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 88
How long is the cable? What gauge?

Maximum input resolution supported is 1080i. You could try forcing to that at the source.

FWIW early HDMI products had a lot of problems with interoperability between brands, particularly when it came to HDCP.
post #4 of 5 Old 08-21-2013, 04:11 PM

Liked: 87
Here's Sony's less than probably-helpful (LTPH) web page on "No Picture over HDMI on my Sony Wega"

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41851/c/65,66/p/61659,63345,63350/
post #5 of 5 Old 08-23-2013, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 294
I recently dealt with a different Sony which was not working with an HD-Base-T extender... It had two HDMI inputs and I was first thinking it was the extender.

Nope, even using a short HDMI cable it was still an issue.

It was taken in for repair and did cost a few hundred bucks to get a new HDMI board put on the display, but it immediately resolved the issue.

Definitely try a short HDMI cable first and ensure you are sending an accepted resolution such as 1080i.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page