HDMI-CEC A/V quality - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-21-2013, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am curious as to any evidence or claims as to whether HDMI-CEC improves picture quality or audio quality. Would be in regards of a ps3 hdmi to onkyo tx-nr609 hdmi to samsung un55es7100. Settings would be Control for HDMI to "On" via PS3 and HDMI Control "On" via Onkyo as well as Anynet+ enabled on Samsung. Not sure if my imagination but seems as if there is a difference in quality when switching between on and off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-21-2013, 06:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 53
NO. CEC is a control function, but if you think you getting something extra out of it, go for it.
droseofc likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-21-2013, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
Might of just been my high hopes. I googled it before I came here and some sites mentioned something about with the devices communicating together they could then match up the ideal picture according to the capabilities of each device. I'll just leave it off. 2 year old daughter would have my receiver switching inputs as her mom sat clueless. Thank you for response!
post #4 of 4 Old 09-22-2013, 07:11 PM

Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by droseofc View Post

Might of just been my high hopes. I googled it before I came here and some sites mentioned something about with the devices communicating together they could then match up the ideal picture according to the capabilities of each device. I'll just leave it off. 2 year old daughter would have my receiver switching inputs as her mom sat clueless. Thank you for response!

That's called the EDID and it's done automatically. CEC has nothing to do with picture quality (other than it will turn off your TV - which some people would claim is a quality improvement with some shows biggrin.gif)
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page