HDMI Problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 02-04-2014, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I'm having a problem connecting this device http://www.airties.com/products/stb/Air7200I to a Samsung PN50B550T2F Plasma TV. The box is an iptv box which is supplied by Digiturk Play, basically it's streaming Turkish TV. I have tried every single resolution and it won't come up on the Samsung all I get is "MODE NOT SUPPORTED". I tried it with another samsung tv which is brand new and it works no problem, I tried it with 2 other Vizio tv's and it works without a problem. I plugged it through a Vizio Co-star streaming media player box which has an HDMI in and HDMI out and it works on the Samsung Plasma. I'm guessing it is some kind of weird HDCP problem. Anybody have any idea how I could solve this problem? Any cheap solution, like maybe running it through an hdmi splitter box or something? It's driving me nuts. The airties box has very few settings only resolution and there is almost nothing on the internet about it. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-04-2014, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

I forgot to mention, I have upgraded the tvs firmware to the latest version.

post #3 of 8 Old 02-04-2014, 01:09 PM

Liked: 88
"Mode Not Supported" is HDMI shorthand for you are sending the TV a signal over HDMI that the TV does not understand. For instance you could be sending a 1080p signal to a TV that doesn't allow 1080p for input. It can also show up if an unrecognized audio format is sent (although in those cases you should still get a picture).

It looks like a 2010 TV model, so the TV should have all of the same modes as current-year TV (except for 3D, but that isn't used here).

The key is to figure out what mode is not being recognized. I'd first set the Digiturk box to 1080i/720p if you can. If that doesn't fix it, then try a different audio format - make sure you are not sending out MPEG1 audio.

Basically look for ways you can change the signal that the Digiturk is sending out. I'd think that it is much more likely to be on the video side than the audio side.

Unfortunately this could also be an error in the Digiturk programming - it receives a valid EDID from the Samsung but then sends out a different video format than what was requested. Or it could be that the Samsung doesn't understand the format of the Digiturk's 1080p signal.
audiophile59 likes this.
post #4 of 8 Old 02-04-2014, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply, I have tried every resolution already and it still didn't work. I think as you said, it is some kind of programming error. The strange thing is, it works with other Samsung tv's with no problem including the new one I tested it on. It also works when I run it through the vizio co star. What a strange problem really really annoying trying to figure this out.

post #5 of 8 Old 02-04-2014, 02:06 PM

Yes, that is the nature of an interface problem. Change either side of the interface and everything works. It's just the combination of the two specific items that makes it not work. They are some of the hardest problems to solve (you think you solved it but you haven't).

I'd bet the two Samsungs have two different HDMI chipsets.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-04-2014, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Even though you indicated you tried "all resolutions", what you didn't indicate what those resolutions actually were AND just saying "1080p" isn't good enough as you are dealing with international "signalling".... likely issue is "50/60" problems.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-04-2014, 04:33 PM

Excellent point Budwich!
post #8 of 8 Old 02-05-2014, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

What I meant was that I tried all available resolutions and they didn't work. The problem is now solved, it looks like we purchased this device just in time to have 3 days of headache trying to troubleshoot a problem that was a programming error. This morning they sent out an update that fixed the problem. Thank you to all who replied to my post.

Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page