Darbee Video Processor and Frontier Cable box Hand Shake issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 02-05-2014, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hello all -
Did as much searching as possible but did not find answer to my question. Also posted in the Darbee forum.
When Darbee video processor is hooked up in my signal chain (Frontier cable box QIP6416-2, Yamaha Receiver RX-A2010, Darbee, Mitsubishi Projector or Panasonic TV) the video constantly flashes on and off. Sometimes it will get a purplish screen and once and a while blue screen with HD content warning from cable box. No issues with same path prior to Darbee. I can get it to work if ran straight to TV or projector or when using Bluray player, receiver, Darbee, TV or Projector. I have tried other combinations of having Darbee before or after the receiver and still get same issue. Powering on in any order also does not seem to matter. Also my receiver has dual outputs and anytime the Darbee is hooked up to either output even if it does not end up at a TV is still causes the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-05-2014, 07:23 PM

Liked: 87
Working backwards - the reason both screens start flashing is that in the eyes of HDMI both sinks (the projector and the TV) are getting the same signal.

It sounds like to me either you are getting bit errors or the signal being sent out is incompatible or incorrect.

I remember something about the Darbee causing HDMI problems about a month ago. May have been in a different section of AVS. Let me check...
post #3 of 7 Old 02-05-2014, 07:29 PM

Liked: 87
Looks like the thread I was remember was from a year and a month ago. But, I found this quote:

"No , the Darbee Dr guy says to give it best chance to work it goes closer to the source. Remember that short 18" cables however may be too close because of HDMI handshake issues. I wish you woudl have posted htis 2 dayus ago. I just paid $40 more 35 more on Amazon. Mine was free shipping. Did you have to pay for shipping?"

...in this thread,

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1399154/darbee-vision-darblet/7560#post_24230601

I also notice some people having problems with long HDMI cables (as usual). What are the length and types (High Speed?) of your HDMI cables?
post #4 of 7 Old 02-07-2014, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

I have issues with both displays but only run them one at a time. All my cables are high speed and around 6ft.

Thanks for your help.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-07-2014, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
What output resolutions are available from cable box? Have you tried 720p?

What color space settings have you tried?

How old is the Darbee unit? (when was it last updated?)
post #6 of 7 Old 02-08-2014, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by budwich View Post

What output resolutions are available from cable box? Have you tried 720p?

What color space settings have you tried?

How old is the Darbee unit? (when was it last updated?)

There are no user configurable options for color space. I have gone into the service menu and tried different resolutions with no luck.

The darbee is brand new latest rev. Darbee just got back to me late yesterday recommending that I ask the cable company to swap out the box to something else. Not sure if that is going to be a better option.

Any chance you think the Gefen HDMI detective might help?
post #7 of 7 Old 02-08-2014, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
:-( my fingers are crossed that a replacement box will solve your problem. In my quick browse thru some darbee "stuff", there were discussions around issues with color space from some boxes but they were "dated".

This is a motorola based box, right? Internet seems to suggest that the color space settings can be changed in the service menu which appears to require some special "keying" to get to. You want to try VGA based setting.
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

Tags
Yamaha Rx A2010 Receiver
Gear in this thread - A2010 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page