Digital Analog Digital Analog - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-03-2014, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is there an outboard "Room EQ" unit that will put digital to a pre A/V unit? Of course in order for the Room EQ to work it must have a DAC to to do measurements
but will bypass the DAC to the Pre A/V unit after setup. I want to use one DAC without converting back and forth from digital to analog than back to digital.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-03-2014, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 61
‘it must have a DAC to to do measurements but will bypass the DAC to the Pre A/V unit after setup’ – I think you are going too ‘flat earth’ with your thinking biggrin.gif

Unless your are very attached to the ‘pre A/V’ unit and or have very deep pockets I’d suggest an AVR with Pre Outs or a dedicated AV Processor to replace or work alongside the current unit.

Joe

If I've helped 'Like' me on Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 Old 03-03-2014, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Fernand View Post

‘it must have a DAC to to do measurements but will bypass the DAC to the Pre A/V unit after setup’ – I think you are going too ‘flat earth’ with your thinking biggrin.gif

Unless your are very attached to the ‘pre A/V’ unit and or have very deep pockets I’d suggest an AVR with Pre Outs or a dedicated AV Processor to replace or work alongside the current unit.

Joe
That is right Joe. The dreaming won't do me any good. I don't have the needed deep pockets, either. I have the Oppo 83 for years and like it very much. The 105 is close, but not yet. Hopefully their next unit will have the needed Room EQ.
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page