HDMI Switcher Mess - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-03-2014, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
HDMI Switcher Mess

Long story short- everything was working fine until we decided to unplug stuff and move them around. Now, nothing works.

We have a Etekcity 6x2 HDMI Matrix Switch/Splitter, one "output" has an HDMI coming directly from a TV in the second room and the other "output" has an HDMI coming from a Harman/Kardon AVR247 receiver's "input". In that receiver's "output" I have an HDMI coming from the Samsung LED TV BN68-02543F-02 (in the first room) HDMI 1 (DVI).

The other "inputs" of the switcher have a Motorola QIP7232 cable box, Apple TV, and a Samsung bluray.

Nothing seems to be working. I can directly connect the HDMI from the TV to the cable box and have it work, but through our setup it doesn't work whereas before it did. Same with the Apple TV- the HDMI switcher won't even switch to it. All that it displays on the screen is "No Signal: Check connected device's power, cable connection, and source selection."

Any help on this would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2014, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 64
'everything was working fine until we decided to unplug stuff and move them around' - has the connectivity changed since you 'moved things around'?

Have you power cycled the system? (everything Off at the wall).

Joe

If I've helped 'Like' me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/Octavainc

Old 07-07-2014, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Fernand View Post
'everything was working fine until we decided to unplug stuff and move them around' - has the connectivity changed since you 'moved things around'?

Have you power cycled the system? (everything Off at the wall).

Joe
Everything is powered on and stays on, no issues in that regard.

I don't think so. Do you mean to power everything off, unplug everything, wait X amount of time, replug and power on?
Old 07-07-2014, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

So I plugged the HDMI from the TV directly into one of the two "outputs" of the switcher and it works; eliminating the received in the process. Does this mean the receiver is the issue? Everything of the receiver has remained the same from before when it all worked.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 64
'Do you mean to power everything off, unplug everything, wait X amount of time, replug and power on? ' - yes ideally give it 20 - 30 secs with everything powered Off and then repower.

'Does this mean the receiver is the issue? ' - with HDMI and its buddies CEC, EDID and HDCP it's tough to point blame at one device.

Best to think of your signal 'flowing' from the Source to the TV rather than the other way around!

I would now try Source > AVR > TV and confirm that works (try direct to both of your Displays) again power cycle all kit every time you make a physical change.

Joe

If I've helped 'Like' me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/Octavainc