Originally Posted by skuum
That actually worked very well... Thank you
Here's what I have :
(1) apple tv ( HDMI out, optical out )
(2) blu ray player ( HDMI out )
(3) cable tv set top box ( HDMI out )
(4) pioneer vsx-822 receiver - this is borrowed, I'm willing to buy another .
(5) VIZIO S4251w-B4 5.1 Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer and Satellite Speakers ( optical in, RCA in, digital in , HDMI in)
(6) benq 1085st ( HDMI in , audio out via RCA )
What I'd like to do :
a) connect 1, 2,3 to 4 .
b) connect 4 to 6 ( HDMI )
b) connect 4 to 5 ( RCA connection red-white males to vizio - this did not work )
Since I mostly watch apple tv, I'd like to get that connected first. 2 and 3 in the future.
I do get picture but no audio. Tried several things including optical out apple tv. Didn't work. And I don't prefer that either.
Is there any receiver that will let me all the devices in HDMI in, and I split the HDMI out, one to the projector and the other to the soundbar with HDMI ? Everyone says this will work but it doesn't .
I'd like to avoid connecting sound from projector.