Whatever happened with HDMI 2.1? - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 26Likes

post #61 of 64 Old 09-27-2017, 06:11 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1668 Post(s)
Liked: 1042
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnplayerson View Post
It will not be that long lol. I can download at 5 megabytes per second on my cable line wireless with 5g connection. I can
stream any 4 k content that much easier. I am sure they will figure it out. They already have consumer units that will do a good job wirelessly transmitting 1080p. The bigger battle is getting users to cut the cable, as most view a direct .connection as best, but that changes with time. People will not need hdmi or cables to watch 4k streaming on netflix.
Eventually the TV will be replaced by an all in one computer system, and everyone will just have one more pc in the home.
1080p sure. 4k, probably. 4k HDR with lossless audio (DTS-MA, Dolby TrueHD, etc), fully compliant HDMI 2.1, we'll see how soon...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 Old 09-28-2017, 04:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Intel has been showing off WiGig-modified VR headsets recently. Uncompressed dual 1080x1200 90Hz video signals over wireless is pretty good, but the prototypes introduce another ~15ms latency. For VR, that's bad, but would be fine for lower frame rate content. Bandwidth alone isn't the problem, you need consistent packet transmission and low latency, too.

As for Belkin's new cable - if they state that it's 2.1 48Gbps, I'm more inclined to believe Belkin (and Apple, who also sells it as an HDMI 2.1 48Gbps cable) than contrarians on this forum.
post #63 of 64 Old 09-28-2017, 07:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Whatever happened with HDMI 2.1?

It is relatively simple - there are no HDMI X.anything cables.

HDMI Cables are either Standard, High Speed, Premium High Speed certified or not certified.

HDMI.org announced a new category of cable ‘48G’ a while back - as yet no 48G Certified cables are available for sale.

Contrarian or not any cable claiming to be HDMI 2.1 or 48G is simply bad marketing - ask Belkin or Apple to publish the Certification Docs for the cable.

https://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_2_1/

Joe
Otto Pylot and neocataboi like this.

Octava Inc. Multi-cast HD over LAN solutions.

Ruipro UK and EU Sales and Support

The Media Factory. Residential and Commercial system Design, Consultancy, Installation, Supply and Integration.

Last edited by Joe Fernand; 09-28-2017 at 08:11 AM.

post #64 of 64 Old 09-28-2017, 08:03 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1668 Post(s)
Liked: 1042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Fernand View Post
It is relatively simple - there are no HDMI X.anything cables.

HDMI Cables are either Standard, High Speed, Ultra High Speed certified or not certified.

HDMI.org announced a new category of cable ‘48G’ a while back - as yet no 48G Certified cables are available for sale.

Contrarian or not any cable claiming to be HDMI 2.1 or 48G is simply bad marketing - ask Belkin or Apple to publish the Certification Docs for the cable.

https://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_2_1/

Joe
Agree 100%! I've been an Apple user since 1984 and I've learned over the years to carefully read their claims, or any other mfr who "tags" to Apple for validation of their products.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page