Xbox One S to 4K HDR TV and Receiver Without HDR Passthru - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-10-2017, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Xbox One S to 4K HDR TV and Receiver Without HDR Passthru

Hello all,
I have a Samsung UN65KS8500 and an Onkyo TX-NR626. In an attempt to not have to buy a new receiver just yet I am looking for a solution to allow both 4K@60 + HDR and Dolby TrueHD/DTS-HD MA. The issue is that the TV does not support passthrough of HD audio formats over ARC, it is limited the same formats as the SPDIF out put and the receiver does not have HDMI 2.0a ports, which means it can't pass 4K@60 or HDR.

I am looking for a way to split the audio and video signals to send 4K/HDR direct to the TV and HD Audio straight to the receiver. Unfortunately, the XBOX One S is receiving EDID information from the lowest resolution available and the least number of channels available from the 2 sinks in the 1x2 HDMI splitter I am currently using.
I have looked at audio extractors, which seem like they may solve the problem with LPCM 7.1 over SPDIF. But before I sink any more money into it or determine whether I should just buy a new receiver, I was hoping I could get some input. As it stands now, using the splitter I have, the XBOX is told that one of the two formats are not supported in any configuration I've been able to come up with.

Expert Connect 1x2 HDMI Splitter

Is the splitter I'm currently using. I've even gone as far as to plug in to the RS232 port to see if I could force it to relay EDID to the xbox that says it's okay to send the signals I need, but since it's made in china and mass produced, there's no information on it at all. I'm not even certain it carries it's own EDID.
Thanks in advance!
-J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-11-2017, 01:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 225
'LPCM 7.1 over SPDIF' - not sure about that option!

The cost of the 'splitter' device you require can be relatively high vs. replacing your AVR with an AVR which supports the formats you require.

Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Octava Inc. Multi-cast HD over LAN solutions.

Ruipro UK and EU Sales and Support

The Media Factory. Residential and Commercial system Design, Consultancy, Installation, Supply and Integration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

Tags
onkyo 626 , pass-through , splitter hdmi , xbox one s

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page