UHD 4K player connected to two displays with different native resolutions - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-18-2017, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
UHD 4K player connected to two displays with different native resolutions

This is the challenge about how to connect an Oppo-203 UHD 4K player to two displays with different native resolutions.

I have already once made a post in the Oppo-203 users tread forum, but was recommended to bring it in the HDMI forum instead.

But I already have get a recommendation from the users tread, using a Matrix HDMI switch with two inputs and two output, which to me sounds like a good solution, it’s just to find the right switch box for the job, a box who actually can handle 4K HDR.

But first my description of what I wish to do.

We have bought a new 4K HDR TV (Bang & Olufsen TV with built-in surround decoder so all speakers are connected directly to the TV - And need to be.) the other display is our much appreciated JVC HD-950 / RS25 projector (1080p) and so far still will be our main screen for movie watching.

So, it’s about how to make it possible to distribute the only main HDMI output from the Oppo to the TV and projector at the same time, without continually bringing the resolution down to 1080p. The TV always needs to be supplied with signal due to the sound, so my idea is to use a HDMI splitter, which should work fine for surround sound and projector at 1080p resolution.

For making it possible to watch 4K content on the television I was thinking about using a 2 port HDMI switch installed on the cable right before the projector, for disconnecting the projector from the HDMI chain, in the way that I switch to the other input were nothing is connected.

Do you think this will work and not least, with no risk for the projector switching to an open input, just thinking about if it is the same than pulling a live cable out? (Hot plugging/unplugging)

Hope it’s not too confusing. Thank you so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-18-2017, 07:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 892
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version