Is there a way to test HDMI bandwidth? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-18-2017, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is there a way to test HDMI bandwidth?

I have cables I personally buried in my wall during a remodel. They're about 6ft long. I currently have my htpc plugged into my Yamaha that goes to my 4K TV. I'd like to know if I just need to replace the receiver or the cabling too to take advantage of everything. Is there some way I can use my htpc to test the bandwidth? I'm a little confused now if someone could take a look at my receiver.

https://www.yamaha.com/cchtr4065/default.asp

In the past it hadn't mentioned 4K. Even when I plugged in my htpc it had big issues with zero sound until I upgraded the firmware. So does this now mean my receiver doesn't need replacing? Again I do everything through a htpc for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-19-2017, 02:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 224
'4K' is a bit of a catch all phrase which can be misleading at times.

It looks like your AVR will be fine with some '4K' Sources - what is not so clear is will it work with 4K UHD Sources which require support for 3860x2160 at 60/50/24p with HDCP 2.2, many 'older' devices labelled as '4K' only support HDCP 1.4 and can be limited to 3860x2160 at 30/25/24p. It will therefore depend on which Sources you intend to work with.

Your cables are likely OK for 4K UHD as they are relatively short - time will tell though!

Joe

Octava Inc. Multi-cast HD over LAN solutions.

Ruipro UK and EU Sales and Support

The Media Factory. Residential and Commercial system Design, Consultancy, Installation, Supply and Integration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page