Strange Issue w/HDMI, Sony SXRD and SA STB - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-25-2007, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First off, let me apologize if this is not posted in the correct forum, but I'm trying to determine where my problem lies. Purchased a Sony 50A200 TV around Thanksgiving and signed up for digital cable trough my local provider about 2 weeks later. Cable co. brought a SA Explorer 8300 HD DVR box and connected it with component cables. Knowing that I need to upgrade my AV receiver and DVD player in the very near future, I have been reading reviews and scouring different AV forums for the past 2 weeks to gather info. I decided my first purchase would be some HDMI cables. They arrived yesterday and I decided to go ahead and hook up the SA box directly to the TV through HDMI eliminating my first set of 5 cables. Powered on TV and STB and both audio and video signal make it through w/out any HDCP warning. Problem is, both the picture and sound are flashing on and off. Double checked connections at both ends and the cables were tight. Tried a different HDMI cable and same problem. Any ideas?

SARA Version 1.87.16.1 ...... Hargray Cable in Bluffton, SC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-26-2007, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
i would try posting this in the forum for your set top box as it sounds like a problem with it's HDMI. there may be an update for it.

Let the awe and mystery of a journey unlike any other begin
SharpLC70LE735U,SonyKDSR60XBR2,KlipschSynergyIII,PanasonicDMPDT210,Oppo981,DenonAVR683,Harmony880,MDN v3.2.0-5

post #3 of 3 Old 01-27-2007, 06:07 AM

Liked: 10
I had the same problems with a identical setup. My SA box uses Passport software and they updated the software and all the problems dissapeared. The problem was with the SA receiver.

The problems we saw were poor syncing between the HDMI sources. When you turned on the TV the picture was screwed up. Changing to a non-HD station fixed the problem. For the flashing, I turned off the the cable box a few times and the flashing stopped.

Check the settings on your cable box (press the settings button on the remote, then go to more settings (trianglular button)) and set up output formats to 1080i and audio digital digital out to HDMI.

Good luck.
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page