Monoprice 5x1 HDMI switcher: repeater also? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-19-2007, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm going to be connecting my projector to a Monoprice 5x1 HDMI switch. I need a 50 ft HDMI cable to get from my projector to the switch itself. (My sources into the switch will be a PC, sat receiver and HD-DVD player).

Monoprice recommends using the 50ft HDMI cables with a repeater in...I presume to avoid sparkles, etc.

My question is:

Does the Monoprice 5x1 switch behave as a repeater sufficiently to use the 50ft cable without worry? It says it's an "integrated equalizer" on the product page, but makes no reference to being a "repeater."

Will I be good with this setup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-20-2007, 10:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 71
At 50 ft you're playing with fire, especially with 1080p. I see now you can buy (RAM has them) amplified HDMI cables. There's a 20m amplified cable, guaranteed for 1080p, for $265. I'd do something like that or fiber, or cat5, and never worry about length vs resolution vs various differences in xmitters/recvrs again. If you are running cables through walls repeaters can be problematic. They should be "in the middle".

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page