Audio popping noises via HDMI - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-25-2007, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Mitsu WD52725 DLP TV with a single HDMI input. I have both a Panny S97 DVD player and a Tivo Series 3 with HDMI outputs. With either device, and with two different cables, I get bad popping/crackling noises when using the HDMI input. Video is OK via HDMI. All other inputs (component, etc.) are just fine. When the TV was under warranty I had the chassis replaced (more or les everything but the screen and light engine. This includes the HDMI port itself and per Mitsubishi also includes all audio/video processing circuitry).

I've had the Panny for some itme and assumed that maybe this was just a compatibility problem but now that I have recently bought the Tivo and have the same problem I think I need to look into this more. It seems that the problem is not the cable since I've used two differnt cables. It's not the input device for the same reason. Theoretically it's not the TV as supposedly all relevant circuitry has been replaced. I suppose that Mitsu could be wrong and in fact something not on the chassis is the cause but I'm wondering if anyone else has other ideas. I've run into one or two people over the last year or two on other forums that had this same problem but no solutions. Thanks.

Hokies United
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-25-2007, 09:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Theoretically it's not the TV as supposedly all relevant circuitry has been replaced.

If they had a poor design to start with, replacing one instance of the poor design with another instance of the same poor design wouldn't fix the problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-26-2007, 06:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwatte View Post

If they had a poor design to start with, replacing one instance of the poor design with another instance of the same poor design wouldn't fix the problem.

I understand what you mean but from discussions on the WDXX725 TV thread others have used their HDMI inputs just fine with a large range of input devices so this type of TV works generally OK with HDMI. It's most logical that something in the TV is to blame but I'm wondering if there could be something else related to (for example) noise on my incoming power or RF interference etc. etc. that others may have seen to cause this sort of thing.

Hokies United
post #4 of 4 Old 05-04-2007, 03:45 PM

If both of your sources (the DVD player and the STB) exhibit the same audio problems with your TV, it seems to indicate that the TV may be the issue here. Can you try a different TV with the same sources & cables? I know this isn't the easiest thing to do, but the process of elimination is the best approach to figure out root cause.

Please also check the forum to see if others with that TV have experienced similar problems.
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page