Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
STB: DishNetwork VIP 722
Video Processor: HD Leeza
Projector: Optoma HD65

What works:
VIP722 -> Optoma

What doesn't work:
VIP722 -> Leeza -> Optoma (Leeza says no source found)

My old DirecTV HDTivo (HR10-250) worked fine though:
HR10250 -> Leeza -> Optoma

Any suggestions, anything I can do? Does this look like a problem with the VIP722?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 179 Old 09-19-2008, 05:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I wouldn't think so if it works without the Leeza. Can you connect it to the leeza using different component cables just to see if it works that way so that you can isolate where the problem is?
post #93 of 179 Old 09-20-2008, 06:16 AM
Advanced Member

Hi All,

1. Motorola DHC 3416 STB, Acer PH530 Proj.

2. Comcast.

3. Firmware 18.34, does it update Automatic??

4. Swedesboro, New Jersey

I am having trouble since I have had the STB. I can Not get a Picture thru the HDMI connector, it works fine through Component (Currently connected this way). I have sound as I went through the Digital Coax, STB to the Reciever. Perhaps there is a Firmware update Now??

I have NOT tried hooking this back up since Sept Last year?? maybe they fixed this with Firmware update?? If there is an Update How do I update the Firmware??

EDIT: Well I tried Hooking it up still did Not work. I called Comcast the Tech on the Phone could Not get it working either so I am Having somebody Come out this Wednesday. Hopefully they will get this working..

post #94 of 179 Old 09-24-2008, 05:18 PM
Advanced Member

Deleted

post #95 of 179 Old 09-25-2008, 05:21 PM
Advanced Member

Well the 3412 Box is Working NPs with the 16.24f/w & HDMI Connection. Still would like to know why the Newer Box the 3416 w/18.35f/w Did Not Work?? any Word on a F/W update on the 3416 STB to fix the Problem??

post #96 of 179 Old 09-28-2008, 03:22 PM

Onkyo 805 receiver
vip622 Dish receiver
Hitachi lcd hdtv

Watching the ballgame last night and suddenly no sound. I noticed only analog picking up on 805, no matter what mode I had it on. I have changed the hdmi cable and still only analog shows up. I switched to optical cable and now I have digital. Does this sound like the Onkyo is the problem. I have had the hdmi hooked up for over a year now. Does anyone have any ideas?
post #97 of 179 Old 10-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Advanced Member

Do you have another TV to Test on or even a Reciever?? I would just test all the components?? Could be anything in the Chain??

If it was Working maybe something Broke causing your Problem. What Im Not sure but you should test each component seperately till you find the Trouble?? I dont thnik it is a HDMI Issue as it did work at 1 point

post #98 of 179 Old 10-04-2008, 01:09 PM

- Motorola DCH6416, Denon 2808CI, Sony 32XBR6
- Time Warner Cable
- 18.20 Apr 5. 2007?
- DFW, TX.
- Short loss of picture for maybe 2 seconds but audio continues. It didn't do this when connected directly to the TV. PS3 never has this issue through the other HDMI input.
post #99 of 179 Old 10-11-2008, 08:22 AM

Liked: 11
I just got my second one of the smt-h3050 samsung boxes and connected to a westinghouse 42inch 1080p lcd tv, and the weirdest thing happens... When I shut the TV off, the clock on the samsung box stops working.

I have the box connected via an HDMI cable, and have tried several different cables, each with the same behavior. Any idea what the problem could be? Is this behavior just expected with the HDMI cable?
post #100 of 179 Old 10-12-2008, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycrank View Post

ttweed,

I have the same box, different provider, different tv... and get the same results. After talking to a bunch of folks, I've narrowed it down to the hardware or the software (some OCAP java thing).

I'm using components now as well. I'm pretty sure I despise the SA 8300HDC, but I don't know if I can blame them.

I should have replied to this earlier, but I had to give up forum surfing to get some things done--it can be a great time thief! Anyway, my problems disappeared with the SA8300HDC using an HDMI connection to my Samsung HDTV ever since TWC in San Diego updated their Navigator software to ver. 2.4.10_11. I was also able to attach an eSATA drive to the DVR with no problems after their software update.

HTH,
TT
post #101 of 179 Old 10-17-2008, 08:38 AM
Advanced Member

Just went to HDMI everything, and all I can say is, why don't these connectors LOCK IN.

I am no longer able to watch a movie. I am monitoring a video display with regards to chroma, brightness, contrast and correct pulldown.
post #102 of 179 Old 11-09-2008, 02:18 PM

DCH 6416 ->
Pioneer Pro-1110HD
S/W 74.54-4003
F/W 18.24
Pasco, WA
Charter Cable

The STB worked fine for several weeks, now it cannot switch between
HD & SD channels and continue displaying a signal.
The display lists the correct resolution (480i or 720p/1080i,
I tried both on the STB) and "HDMI" but no audio or video.
If I turn either the STB or the TV off, then on, everything's fine (but still can't switch);
obviously HDCP.

Very irritating and the wife is NOT amused.
HDMI is probably going into the UNused cable box;
it doesn't really matter whether it's a problem with HDMI
per se or HDCP; since they're inextricably linked, a problem either way is an HDMI problem.
I would prefer to use it, but it has to WORK!

DrDave
post #103 of 179 Old 11-09-2008, 06:17 PM

I have 3 DirecTV HR20-100 DVRs, and a Sony STR-DG820 Receiver. I also have a CE-Link (looks identical to Apogee) 4x2 HDMI Switcher. The DVRs are all set to only 1080i output. With the DVRs connected through the receiver, and then to a Vizio TV, all appears to work correctly. However, I wanted to feed two different TV displays, so I tried adding the switcher. This unit appears to disrupt the HDMI outputs of the DVRs, and the TV says "No Signal". Reconnecting directly to the Sony receiver results in no output, but can be restored by switching the resolution of the DVRs to any other setting, and then returning it to 1080i.

Does anyone else have any experience with this switcher, either under the CE-Link or the Apogee brand? Thanks.

Richard
post #104 of 179 Old 11-12-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theelviscerator View Post

Just went to HDMI everything, and all I can say is, why don't these connectors LOCK IN.

Monoprice? Many of their connectors are subpar compared to other brands.
post #105 of 179 Old 11-19-2008, 12:18 PM

I bought I Sharp LCD TV model LC-32SB24U and hooked it up with HDMI cable to Motorola HD cable box receiver from Charter. After 2 months I get no sound from TV speakers. I can get sound running through surround system.

I disconnected the HDMI cable and used A/V cables supplied by Charter and have sound through TV speakers.

Looking at other posts do you think the problem is with the HDMI cable?

Thanks
post #106 of 179 Old 11-30-2008, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMI_Org View Post

If you have a cable or satellite set top box where HDMI does not currently function properly, please post the following information to this thread:

- Make/model of all devices in the chain (ex. STB, AV receiver, TV)
- Name of the cable/satellite provider
- Firmware revision on the set top box
- Your geographic region (i.e. your city & state)
- Description of the issue, any information of specific symptoms & behavior

-I have a Motorola DCH3416 STB connected directly to a Samsung LN46A650-A1F
-My cable provider is Time Warner Southern California
-The firmware on my STB is 18.20
-I am in Los Angeles, CA
-I am having problems with the sound dropping out for a couple seconds intermitently.
post #107 of 179 Old 12-01-2008, 07:42 PM

Motorola DCH3416 [firmware 18.43]
Harmon Kardon AVR247
Zenith Z50PX2D Plasma
When hooked up with HDMI and watching hd channels when I change channels the screen goes completely green. The audio continues just lose all video. Utilizing component cables everything works perfect. Frustrating, Comcast does not acknowledge a problem.
post #108 of 179 Old 12-05-2008, 01:03 PM

DirecTV HR22-100 STB ==HDMI Cable==> RCA 50" Scenium DLP HDLP50W151
DirecTV
Firmware is unknown at this time
Fort Worth, TX

Upgraded to HD from DirecTV about 6 months ago, to take advantage of HDTV on the RCA TV. All worked fine for 3-4 months - then one evening there is no signal from the STB to the RCA TV on the normal HDMI input. I first call DirecTV, thinking there is a problem with the HR22 STB. They ship a new one, and I replace it - only to find that the problem still exists. (In the meantime, I have connected an old 3-cable patch cord so I can view on an alternate input - but no HD now). So I get a new HDMI cable and install that - voila! Signal restored and all works well for a couple of weeks. Now, the HDMI signal is down again - I get "Unusable Signal" when I select the HDMI input from the RCA TV. What gives? Nothing has moved, changed, no bending/twisting/maiming of the HDMI cable, etc.
Any ideas? Any and all input appreciated...
post #109 of 179 Old 12-07-2008, 09:50 AM

I just recently purchased a BenQW500. I use Bell HD tv and have an HDMI connectivity issue. When I use S video (DVD) video (Wii) the projector searches successfully for the connection and works to connect everytime. When I try to connect to the HD TV the projector won't pick up the HDMI connection. I have to "play" with the connector every time. I have changed the cable but the same thing happens. Is this a faulty projector issue or is this common with HDMI? I have a 20 foot cable from Bluejeans

Ian
post #110 of 179 Old 12-10-2008, 08:30 AM

I have:

Samsung PN50A550 TV
JVC D702B AV Receiver
Scientific Atlanta HD 4050 STB
Time Warner Cable
PS3

The Problem:

I have the STB connected to the AV receiver and out to the TV all via HDMI. PS3 connected to the receiver via HDMI. Occassionally I get to play a game with full sound and picture and sometimes I get no picture or sound. The TV says signal not found. I noticed that when this happens if I disconnect the HDMI cable from the TV I get sound as soon as I plug it in to the TV no sound. I have spent hours connecting and reconnecting but no good results. The TV works fine with no problems.
post #111 of 179 Old 12-10-2008, 06:06 PM

I've got:

Samsung 32A450
Time Warner Cable
Scientific Atlanta 8300HD

Basically, when I connect the cable box to the TV it all works fine in that I get audio and video. But when I use the HDMI cable to connect the cable box to the TV the picture is amazing, but the audio on the TV doesn't work.

Now, I'm able to hear in that I've got the cable box connected to my stereo via standard (non-HD) cables, but not being able to get the audio is baffling me.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Josh
post #112 of 179 Old 12-30-2008, 09:07 PM
AVS Club Gold

I'm curious if anybody went from the SA 4250 to the Samsung 3050. The SA as many probably already know is so glitchy (both of them that I have in my house even after replacing them). It was recommended that I try the Samsung and I was wondering if they fare better than the SA's. They are both hooked up to a 65" Panasonic plasma and Panasonic 37" LCD. I've had the SA hooked up to a Sony 60" LCD that is no longer hooked up to cable and had the same issues. Any help would be appreciated.
post #113 of 179 Old 01-04-2009, 02:07 PM

HDMI Problems Motorola DCT 6416 HDMI works fine straight to the Sharp LCD LC-45GD6U. However it will not work ( give you picture or sound) when connected to the HDMI input on a Pioneer Elite SC-05 Receiver. The receiver outputs HDMI fine with other equipment such as Playstation 3.
post #114 of 179 Old 01-06-2009, 06:58 AM

Similar but different HDMI issues with a customers' HDTV setup as follows:

Northern NJ. SONY 52XBR5 connected to YAMAHA 661 via Monster 1000 cable, Optimum/Scientific Atlanta HD4250 cable box and SONY BD300 into Yamaha 661 receiver via HDMI cables. Picture & sound always flawless from BluRay player, but picture flashes off constantly to a black screen, then comes back shortly afterward, but only happens while watching cable, never from BD player. Have switched cables both from each individual HDMI ports on 661 and also swapped out cables numerous times. Most recently, bypassed Yamaha and directly connected cable box to TV using Monster 1000 cable. No flashes at all. Optimum has swapped out this cable box twice, and insists that this isn't a cable problem, but if the receiver has a defective HDMI port, or an HDMI cable is defective, why wouldn't this happen to the BluRay player when I switch ports or cables? Optimums' standard answer is to use component cables. I would prefer to use the Yamaha receiver for HDMI switching, but my next option may be to run component cables up to the TV and optical into the Yamaha, in addition to the HDMI for the BluRay player. Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated...
thanks much,
SuperVision Sounds Great LLC
post #115 of 179 Old 01-06-2009, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by supervisionsound View Post

Similar but different HDMI issues with a customers' HDTV setup as follows:

Northern NJ. SONY 52XBR5 connected to YAMAHA 661 via Monster 1000 cable, Optimum/Scientific Atlanta HD4250 cable box and SONY BD300 into Yamaha 661 receiver via HDMI cables. Picture & sound always flawless from BluRay player, but picture flashes off constantly to a black screen, then comes back shortly afterward, but only happens while watching cable, never from BD player. Have switched cables both from each individual HDMI ports on 661 and also swapped out cables numerous times. Most recently, bypassed Yamaha and directly connected cable box to TV using Monster 1000 cable. No flashes at all. Optimum has swapped out this cable box twice, and insists that this isn't a cable problem, but if the receiver has a defective HDMI port, or an HDMI cable is defective, why wouldn't this happen to the BluRay player when I switch ports or cables? Optimums' standard answer is to use component cables. I would prefer to use the Yamaha receiver for HDMI switching, but my next option may be to run component cables up to the TV and optical into the Yamaha, in addition to the HDMI for the BluRay player. Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated...
thanks much,
SuperVision Sounds Great LLC

Most issues with cable or satellite STBs result from resolution changes when changing channels or going in and out of menus. I don't believe HD channels switch resolutions mid stream, i.e. when going between SD and HD content on a HD channel. So, if it only happens during resolution changes, this is nothing new. Resorting to component connections for STBs is a workaround many people do if all else fails. If it just happens randomly with no resolution change, then something else is amiss.

If the STB works fine connected directly the TV then it must be some interaction with the receiver. Yet another quirk that can happen. Nothing's guaranteed with HDMI given random equipment configurations.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #116 of 179 Old 01-07-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post

Most issues with cable or satellite STBs result from resolution changes when changing channels or going in and out of menus. I don't believe HD channels switch resolutions mid stream, i.e. when going between SD and HD content on a HD channel. So, if it only happens during resolution changes, this is nothing new. Resorting to component connections for STBs is a workaround many people do if all else fails. If it just happens randomly with no resolution change, then something else is amiss.

If the STB works fine connected directly the TV then it must be some interaction with the receiver. Yet another quirk that can happen. Nothing's guaranteed with HDMI given random equipment configurations.

larry

Hey Pooper

Thanks, but this situation occurs randomly, without any changes to menu or channels, all of a sudden the picture starts flashing black screen, quickly, and comes back on. Sound continues throughout black bursts. Happens on network TV, ESPN, HBO, etc...
post #117 of 179 Old 01-10-2009, 01:49 PM

This is my setup:
TV: Panasonic 50PX75U
DVR: Scientific-Atlanta 8300HD
DVD: Philips DVP5982
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K

I have HDMI from DVD and DVR to AVR and from AVR to TV.

This setup has worked fine for a couple of weeks (the AVR is new). Today, on all cable channels, I have been experiencing periodic blank screens but audio is fine. This occurs consistently every few minutes or less and only lasts for less than 30 seconds.

I swapped cables and the problem remained. The issue does not occur with DVD source. The issue does not occur with content that has been recorded on the DVR.

Is it possible that this is a Time Warner signal issue or should I be checking settings on my equipment.

Time Warner's service is always full of surprises, but I sure would like to rule out an equipment issue. Any thoughts? Can cable signal cause this kind of issue?

Thanks.

EDIT: I have not seen this issue again, which tells me that it was a Time Warner network issue.
post #118 of 179 Old 01-13-2009, 11:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supervisionsound View Post

Hey Pooper

Thanks, but this situation occurs randomly, without any changes to menu or channels, all of a sudden the picture starts flashing black screen, quickly, and comes back on. Sound continues throughout black bursts. Happens on network TV, ESPN, HBO, etc...

I had a similar situation to yours, but with a little different gear. My setup is Samsung FP-T5084, Dish ViP 722, Onkyo 605 (and other random stuff). My issue was I was running everything thru my receiver. For example, I had the DVR hooked to the receiver via component cables, and out from the receiver to the TV via HDMI. I too would have the screen flash black for a few seconds, and then come back, and then flash, etc. But what I noticed was, it ONLY happened while it was on ESPNHD for some odd reason.

I tried all sorts of solutions. New set of component cables, new HDMI cable, etc. Then I just decided to hook the DVR directly to the TV. And bingo, haven't had a screen flash since, and it has been 6 months. I would suggest just trying the cable companies solution, and using component instead of HDMI. IDK if it is HDMI handshake issues or what, but HDMI always seems to have problems when it is involved with cable/satellite boxes.

If you are asking why I didn't use HDMI to go from DVR to TV, it is because for some odd reason, HDMI fades the colors on my DVR. I tried EVERYTHING to fix that problem, but nothing I did could make the colors "pop" like they do with component. I changed the color, I changed the tint, white balance, color offset, but it still was faded. HDMI is good in theory, but it seems to have a lot of problems.

ALSO: Same goes for thescotchzombie above. Have you tried switching from HDMI to component? Just as an experiment, try it out. If the problem remains, bypass the receiver entirely, and hook it straight to the TV. If the problem still persists, its more than likely a problem with your DVR. If the problem goes away, then it's probably a problem with your receiver.
post #119 of 179 Old 02-20-2009, 11:04 PM

I have a Toshiba LCD HDTV (46RV535U), Samsung DVD/VCR combination (DVD-VR375) and Scientific Atlanta cable box (Explorer 8300 HD). Cable furnished by Comcast. Location is Missouri City, TX.

Closed captions do not display when playing TV with HDMI input. They are OK with A/V or component input.

Spadeace4
post #120 of 179 Old 03-13-2009, 12:46 PM

TWO seperate 52" SAMSUNG HDTV SERIES 6 have been friedin the last 4 months. That's right. TWO. And no one seems to be able to figure out why.

After a seven week battle, Charter bit the bullet and replaced the first TV. But they never really told us what happened.

Everything was fine with the new tv, no issues with the Samsung HDTV, Charters ScienticAtlanta HD-DVR Cable Box or Belkin PureAV HDMI Cord, until we unplugged the TV to do some painting. We simply removed the tv from the wall, where it had been working fine, and placed it safely, face down, on a bed.

Before painting, we rehung the tv to check something and when we attempted to plug the TV into the wall outlet, SPARKS flew, there was a huge POP, the lights dimmed and the TV sizzled. Just like last time.

The red light on the front of the TV cycles on and off.
The Charter HD DVR Box sounds like it's sending Morse code.
There's nothing wrong with the outlet. You can plug in a lamp and it works fine. The breaker didn't even trip when the TV blew up.

An electrician says nothing is wrong with the electricity.

The Charter tech(which, by the way, took 2 weeks and a dozen angry phone calls to Charter to simply get someone to come out to look) says nothing is wrong with the Cable. We got sparks twice when he was here, yet, it's "not the fault of Charter".

It seems like a waste of time to call Samsung at this point b/c the Tv is sooo fried there's no way they can know what happend.

Has anyone had or heard about this. I cannot believe that this has happened a second time. I'm just sick. I just want an answer. I'm not concerned about who's fault this is, I just want it fixed so that it NEVER happens again.

Thanks for your help, Pam Bankston
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page