HDMI Switcher-- Audio but no video - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-03-2008, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just recently purchased the Monoprice 5x1 HDMI switcher. I'm running a Toshiba HD-A2, Sony BDP-S300, and Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD through it to a Sony KDFE42A10 television.

For some reason, I can get audio, and on my TV's HDMI input I can even see the flash indicating that the HDMI is engaged-- the audio from an HD-DVD plays, but there's just no picture. I've tried both the older HDMI cable I had been using before I got the switcher, on the HDMI out port of the switcher, and one of the newer cables I purchased when I bought the switcher, with the same result.

Anybody have a similar problem with the Monoprice 5x1 switcher?

Update: Both the SA 8300 HD DVR and BDP-S300 work fine with the switcher-- I've gotten picture and audio for both, and switched between them just fine. But the HD-A2 is still giving me audio but no video.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-03-2008, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluggonics View Post

I just recently purchased the Monoprice 5x1 HDMI switcher. I'm running a Toshiba HD-A2, Sony BDP-S300, and Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD through it to a Sony KDFE42A10 television.

For some reason, I can get audio, and on my TV's HDMI input I can even see the flash indicating that the HDMI is engaged-- the audio from an HD-DVD plays, but there's just no picture. I've tried both the older HDMI cable I had been using before I got the switcher, on the HDMI out port of the switcher, and one of the newer cables I purchased when I bought the switcher, with the same result.

Anybody have a similar problem with the Monoprice 5x1 switcher?

Update: Both the SA 8300 HD DVR and BDP-S300 work fine with the switcher-- I've gotten picture and audio for both, and switched between them just fine. But the HD-A2 is still giving me audio but no video.

Which ports do you have each in? Have you tried swapping inputs?
post #3 of 3 Old 01-04-2008, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
It appears that swapping inputs may have solved the problem-- I initially had the three HDMI devices plugged into 1, 2 and 3 ports respectively, moving them to 3 4 and 5 seems to have solved the problem. I just tried various configurations of ports and cables until I got something to work.

Hopefully it'll stay consistent.
Reply HDMI Q&A - The One Connector World

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page